• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

November Issue of D20 Filtered Released

Silven Publishing has released the November issue of D20 Filtered at a reduced price of $3.95 at RPGNow.com. This issue of D20 Filtered is their most comprehensive issue to date. Along with their foundation of reviews, interviews, and exclusive content, they've added more expertise and d20 industry insight. Michael Tresca, a d20 freelance writer, gives readers advice in "Using Your d20 Library." Rodney Thompson, designer/writer of d20 Future, talks about all the new supplemental material coming out for d20 Future in "Heading Back to the Future." It also has two articles with different forecasts for the d20 industry.

This 64-page issue also contains interviews with Sean K. Reynolds, Bruce Baugh, and Matthew Sprange. The November 2004 issue features select, exclusive content from The New Argonauts (Sean K. Reynolds Games), Rooms with a View (Vanishing Goblin, Inc.), and Nuisances (Skirmisher Publishing). They also lowered the price of their October back issue to $2.95.

There are 18 product reviews of the following products: Artifacts of the Ages: Legendary Weapons, Book of Iron Might, Buccaneers & Bokors #3, Cavalier's Handbook, City State of the Invincible Overlord, Creature Weekly e-zine, D&D Basic Game, D&D Miniatures: Aberrations Booster Pack, D&D Miniatures: Starter Set, Fury of Shadow, Future: Starship (PDF) series, e-Future Tiles (PDF) series, Libris Mortis, Macho Women with Guns, Masters and Minions: Swarm of Stirges, Mutants & Masterminds: Foes of Freedom, The Red Star Campaign Setting, and Shining South.

I have to say, this issue is great. d20 Filtered keeps getting better. The reviews are handy, to be sure. But, to me, the best part of the mag is the extra content, specifically the interviews and columns. If you're interested in the state and future of the gaming market as a whole, you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

Good work, Brad!

Olive

Explorer
BradfordFerguson said:
Rodney Thompson, designer/writer of d20 Future, talks about all the new supplemental material coming out for d20 Future in "Heading Back to the Future."

Don't suppose you want to expand on this description do you? Supplemental material for D20 Future writen by Moridin? Or his comments on 3rd party stuff?

Don't suppose you want to expand on this description do you?
It's more of a general article on the state of the d20 Future market. However, one juicy tidbit he let slip was a quote from Chris Perkins that the response to d20 Future has led them to consider producing follow-up sourcebooks to d20F, which is more than what they originally commented on.

Those are exactly the kind of nuggets I'm talking about. As far as I know, d20 Filtered is the only place I've seen that kind of comment.

Justin, thank you very much for the positive comments! D20 Filtered definitely needs the support of publishers and also d20 fans in order to keep going. Publishers can support D20 Filtered by picking up a copy and keeping us in the loop on what they are up to. D20 Fans can help out by buying the ezine and leaving comments on what they liked, didn't like, and what they would like to see more of.

We've definitely made an effort to get better each issue, and I'm glad you liked it.

The article by Rodney Thompson is more about 3rd party publishers going crazy on the d20 Future front than new gaming material. We're considering some gaming material, but we don't know what people would like to see...?

Geoff

First Post
Justin D. Jacobson said:
I have to say, this issue is great. d20 Filtered keeps getting better. The reviews are handy, to be sure. But, to me, the best part of the mag is the extra content, specifically the interviews and columns. If you're interested in the state and future of the gaming market as a whole, you owe it to yourself to pick it up.

Good work, Brad!

I have to agree with your post Justin. I got the first two issue of d20 Filtered free since Dog House Rules had product reviews in there but bought the 3rd issue because I enjoyed the interviews and articles so much. I hope that Bradford continues to expand these aspects of the product in the future. I'm definitely tuning in more for those than the reviews at this juncture.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Justin D. Jacobson said:
It's more of a general article on the state of the d20 Future market. However, one juicy tidbit he let slip was a quote from Chris Perkins that the response to d20 Future has led them to consider producing follow-up sourcebooks to d20F, which is more than what they originally commented on.

Those are exactly the kind of nuggets I'm talking about. As far as I know, d20 Filtered is the only place I've seen that kind of comment.
The d20 future chat I held with Chris and Rodney yeilded some more info on this.

Remove ads