• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now that's a fig!!!

Sodalis

First Post
i know that they are very detailed (and the LOTR name doesnt do much to help) but why is it so danged expensive.... $45?

its prolly the size of the black dragon (from forge o fury) but a 1.5X cost? what gives?

I like figs- but at that price... how willl I afford rent?

Im still gettin it tho

Tsyr

Explorer
I doubt I'll buy it, nice as it is... Maybe though. Ya never know.

I _will_ be buying a few packs of those High Elf Spearmen though... Those are awsome looking figs.

BluWolf

Explorer
I have been fairly impressed with most of the minis from the LoTR line.

However, I think they are all over priced.

BUT....

I will shell out 45 bucks for that bad boy.

Of course I'll have to shell out another 50 trying to find something to traport him in.

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
GW has done a lot of artificial inflation of their prices.
Much like WotC.

And for the same reasons.

Tsyr

Explorer
arcady said:
GW has done a lot of artificial inflation of their prices.
Much like WotC.

And for the same reasons.

Um.

Because their minis are pretty good, thus people are willing to pay for them, thus, like any good and wise buisness, they charge as much as people will pay for them?

Really, when you think about it, anytime you are paying more than cost for an item you are dealing with "artificial inflation"... It's just a fact of life.

Tsyr

Explorer
Naw. I just like expanding on rather ambiguous snips towards companies doing nothing other than what any wise company does.

Remove ads