• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Now they buy pigs

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
If ever there was a cue for a world-spanning druidic organization showing up, this would be it.

"How many animals have you killed doing this, exactly? I see. Sister Hemlock, bring me my good sickle."

Yeah, my first ever TPK happened a couple months ago when a Druid got pissed at the Halfling Dinosaur Ranchers and started awakening the beasts.

If you want to have a fun evening, just tell the PC's that they awake in the morning to find the latest pig can talk and is angry. And make sure that his voice sounds just like Cartman from South Park.

"Screw you guys! I'm goin' home!"

VirgilCaine

First Post
Silver Moon said:
One final thought - wolves love pigs, and the more pigs the charactes have the more a large pack of wolves will be interested.

Really? I would not have known that...except for a popular children's story featuring pigs and a wolf...

From what I understand in my readings, pigs are notoriously hard to herd and were therefore not used as fodder for marching armies.

joe b.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
jgbrowning said:
From what I understand in my readings, pigs are notoriously hard to herd and were therefore not used as fodder for marching armies.

joe b.

I guess there is a reason thay are penned and slopped rather than herded and grazed.

The Shaman

First Post
tetsujin28 said:
Pigs have been setting off traps and solving problems for adventurers probably since before the release of the original books. I know it was the first thing that occured to us (ok, it was chickens, but livestock).
We used goats, until the druid threatened to creeping doom us in our sleep.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Shockingly, it appears that no one has converted the Devil Swine to 3E. I'm mortified, especially since I don't think I have my Mystara Monstrous Appendix any more to do it myself.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Silver Moon said:
My wife and I once wrote an RPGA module where the playing characters' mission was to bring over a hundred pigs to market a distance of fifty miles. Their experience points were based upon how many pigs reached the destination. It was great fun, especially given all of the points that Chimera and others have pointed out above.
D&D pig Lemmings! Brilliant!

Zappo

Explorer
A gray bag of tricks only costs 900 gold, and the animal will do practically whatever you say. They are summoned, so they don't actually die and you won't have troubles with the ... fantasy PETA or whatever. I would only use pigs if I couldn't afford at least one bag.

Remove ads