• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NPC ideas...

MorganKiller

First Post
I need to build a quite powerful NPC, a vampire (powered with Ravenloft rules) who has good fighting skills and some spells (minor). The kind of character is the quick light armored fighter... a COOL fighter.

I need it to be about CR 15 and the starting race is human, have you got any ideas?
(I would have liked bladesinger, but it needs elf or half-elf...)

MarauderX

Explorer
Make him a 3rd level wiz for some of the cool spells he could incorporate into melee combat, like enlarge & shield, and take a PrC out of the Sword & Fist that involves Weapon Finesse, like Swashbuckler(?), where you get your Int bonus to AC if you are weilding a bladed weapon. Add in some Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack feats and skill points in Tumble and you will have an agile attacker that can get to wherever he wants on the battlefield. Take the two-weapon feats and weapon focus:rapier if you want to go that route. Then dress him in black, name him Zorro and have him carve a 'Z' on the PCs cheeks in the first encounter to build up the hate.

Obi-One

First Post
MorganKiller said:
I need to build a quite powerful NPC, a vampire (powered with Ravenloft rules) who has good fighting skills and some spells (minor). The kind of character is the quick light armored fighter... a COOL fighter.

I need it to be about CR 15 and the starting race is human, have you got any ideas?
(I would have liked bladesinger, but it needs elf or half-elf...)

2 levels of Barbarian for rage, fast movement and uncanny dodge. 2 levels of Sorcerer for minor spells. 2 levels of Ranger for combat style and favoured enemy (pick most common race etc of your PC's). Then add 1 level of Assassin for poison, death attack, sneak attack and more minor spells.

Hopefully that should cause some grief for your poor players. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads