• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NPC maker

Elfesse

First Post
Hello all,

I have been a lady DM for many years now, and have decided to create my own stories. I have been looking online for a program that would allow me to create NPC quickly. I have found a few NPC generators, but they are all for the "heroes" type with no option for common type. I seek a generator for the basic town NPCs such as an innkeeper, a merchant... in other words, a commoner or expert or aristocrat.

Anyone can give me a link or reference to such tool please? (if there is one out there)

Thanks in advance

IronWolf

blank
It isn't an online generator, but the Gamemasters Guided has an NPC Gallery that could provide a great starting point for NPC generation.

IronWolf

blank
I'd also add that I have found Hero Lab ( Hero Lab - Lone Wolf Development ) to really save me tremendous amounts of time in creating custom NPCs (as well as PCs). It is somewhat expensive, but the time it has saved me in planning and running a game has made it worth every $.

Agreed. HeroLab can speed PC and NPC generation up tremendously. A little pricy but you don't have to start with all the options available at the start.

Remove ads