• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NPC reference for Shelter from the Storm

Truename

First Post
There is a squidload (that's the grandma-friendly version) of NPCs in Shelter from the Storm. By my count, there are 19 recurring NPCs and 35 episode-specific NPCs. I love the detail, and it can be a bit overwhelming. To help myself keep track of it all, I made an NPC reference sheet, and I filled in some motivations and roleplaying hints for myself as well.

Here's a copy. All of the "Context" descriptions come from the adventure, but I had to make up most of the "Goal" and "Notable Trait" descriptions myself. Feel free to change them.

PS: Thanks for all your interest in my other cheat sheets! Morrus, feel free to include these with the other WotBS downloads if you want.

Attachments

• Shelter-NPCs.pdf
    144.1 KB · Views: 141

Talysian

Explorer
Really helpful! you wouldn't happen to have this in word/excel would you? I have a few things I'm changing up and it would make my life soo much easier!

Gorok

Explorer
Really helpful! you wouldn't happen to have this in word/excel would you? I have a few things I'm changing up and it would make my life soo much easier!

I was able to copy/paste the words out of the PDF file into word. The pretty formatting is lost, but the raw words can be edited however you want afterwards.

Truename

First Post

Sure! The original was done in Pages for the Mac, so I've included that as well as a Word export. I'm not sure how well the export worked, but give it a try.

Attachments

• Shelter-NPCs-Source.zip
    245 KB · Views: 52

Zinovia

Explorer
Nice sheet. I made something similar that includes NPC's from the entire run of modules we've played through so far, but I should expand the roleplay notes to be more like yours. What mine does include are all the changes I have made to names and races, and a note on the original name from the modules, because I have heavily customized the campaign. In mine Ragesia was founded by tieflings in an effort to recreate the lost empire of Bael Turath. My world includes genasi, but not half orcs. A great many changes had to be made to accommodate my version of the story.

One thing I did was to make a version of my sheet for the players, that eliminates any info they don't know. It includes the name, a description, and a brief note about who the NPC is. They are sorted by region, i.e. Gate Pass, Seaquen, Dassen. This makes keeping track of the large number of NPC's easier on the players as well. That's important when we play only every 2-3 weeks.

Truename

First Post
One thing I did was to make a version of my sheet for the players, that eliminates any info they don't know. It includes the name, a description, and a brief note about who the NPC is. They are sorted by region, i.e. Gate Pass, Seaquen, Dassen. This makes keeping track of the large number of NPC's easier on the players as well. That's important when we play only every 2-3 weeks.

Maybe I should do that, too. My players have been complaining that they can't keep track of everything. :) Right now, I'm just reminding them of who somebody is when they meet him (or her). Do your players use the reference, or does it add to the information overload?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads