• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NPCs for "Downfall of Man"

Alazon

First Post
I intend to begin a story hour fairly soon. In anticipation of that I am going to post a small amount of information here before I begin there. Mostly this is due to my scatterbrain and my love for creativity.

I normally do not name my campaigns and this title probably conveys this very well. However the name should be applicable within a few sessions. There is one player in this campaign(Grif. He plays Celborn, a Master Transmogrifist), though I intend to give Major allied NPCs to others during various sessions to alleviate some of the trouble my Player will face.

In any case, I am posting on this site mostly for feedback. I have been DMing since 2001ish but my skill level is often stagnant. As a recourse I am here. I would appreciate feedback of nearly any kind, so long as it is constructive. Tell me if you feel I would better do something in a different manner, even if you do not know how that can be accomplished(If I have to I will research it personally).

Until I find some of the notes I have scattered in my room I will be posting only NPCs and hopefully the PC.

Foremost I will list the NPCs with a short description of their abilities. As a precurser to that allow me to say that the PC has just broken into twentieth level and is unorthodox to say the least (insofar as I can tell from other posts). Each NPC has personal agendas, not all are allied against the Player. Each NPC listed here is powerful, and have an array of unique abilities(Some more than others)

Here they are:
Reaper: I took the Entropic Reaper from the Libris Mortis and applied the Evolved template (also from the Libris) and the Spellstitched template(from MMII). I like the idea of a 'Grim Reaper' in my game. His duty is to keep general destinies from collapsing by an act of misfortune, and to ensure the death of certain people. Lichs, vampires, and the like are not his targets.

Spellstitched Evolved Entropic Reaper; medium sized Undead; HD 29d12+29; hps 213; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative); Speed 30 ft; AC 29 (+3 Dex, +10 Natural, +6 Deflection); Attack: BAB: +14/+9/+4; +33/+28/+23 (Entropic Scythe); Dmg: 2d6+27+entropic blade (19-20/x4) (Scythe. SV Fort +14, Ref +16, Will +24; AL TN; Str 38, Dex 16, Con -, Int 12, Wis 22, Cha 23.
Languages: Common; Undercommon

Skills: Knowledge(Planes) +54; Knowledge(Religion) +34; Listen +39; Spot +39; Use Magic Device +20

Feats: Combat Expertise; Improved Critical(Scythe); Dodge;(Mobility; Spring Attack; Improved Toughness; Great Charisma; Great Wisdom; Epic Skill Focus [Knowledge(Planes)]

Special Abilities, Qualities, and Whatnot: SR 26; Entropic blade; DR 10/Cold Iron & Lawful; Fast Healing 12; turn resistance +4
Retributive Strike: Allows Reaper to make counterattacks each round to a maximum of his dexterity modifier, these attacks have a -5 penalty to attack
Bane of Life: As a standard action Reaper swings his scythe which launches 1d6 needle-like missiles which suffer a -6 to attack. Each needle deals 1d2 con damage. The scythe can launch a total of twelve needles each day.
Bulwark of Negation: As a standard action, create a shield of negative energy. Grants a +10 shield bonus to AC, a +5 bonus on saves versus positive energy effects, and a -10 penalty on saves versus negative energy effects.
Arcanic Reversal: 3/day: may replicate spells of up to 6th level that target Reaper. The replicated spell must have targeted Reaper within the last ten rounds.

Spell-like abilities: As a 29th level sorcerer. DCs are charisma based
1/day: Plane Shift; Hold Monster; Greater Dispel Magic; Circle of Death; Phantom Steed; Wind Wall; Blight; Teleport; Enervation; Dimension Door
2/day: Magic Missile; Mage Armor; Scorching Ray; Blindness/Deafness

Magic Items: Oracle of Prodigies: As a 15th level Cleric, At Will: Discern Location(Only against creatures with 15 HD and objects of Caster Level 15); Augury

I'll post more in a few hours, it is getting too far into the night.

Last edited:

Alazon

First Post
Malkris

Here is another NPC from the initial battle. He is basically a thrall of Cariv. I use Rokugan in my world. It is an island separated from all of the main continents. If he ever gained freedom from Cariv he would most likely attempt to destroy her. The swarmshifting template is redundant to me, but I added it so that he could take the form of many bats at a time, rather than just one.

Malkris
Swarmshifting Vampire(Human base) Samurai 6 Iaijutsu Master 10; medium sized Undead; HD 16d12; hps 121; Init +19 (+9 Dex;+4 Cha; +4 Improved Initiative; +2 Iniative Weapon); Speed 30 ft; AC 33 (+9 Dex, +6 Natural, +2 Deflection; +3 bracers; +3 Int); Attack: BAB: +10/5; +26/21 (Katana); Dmg: 1d10 +8 +1d6 fire (17-20/x2) (katana). SV Fort +10, Ref +17, Will +10; AL NE; Str 18, Dex 24(28), Con -, Int 15(17), Wis 14, Cha 18.
Languages: Common; Rokugan; Elven; Orc

Skills: Iaijutsu Focus +30; Concentration +19; Tumble +22; Sense Motive +29; Escape Artist +22; Diplomacy +23; Perform (Kabuki) +23; Balance +16; Jump +13

Feats: Weapon Focus (Katana); Quick Draw; Improved Iniative; Skill Focus (Iaijutsu Focus); Dodge; Mobility; Spring Attack; Combat Expertise; Alertness; Combat Reflexes; Lightning Reflexes; Improved Critical (Katana); Great Fortitude; Martial Study(Sapphire Nightmare Blade)

Special Abilities, Qualities, and Whatnot: Canny Defense; Lightning Blade; Weapon Finesse (Katana); Strike From The Void; One Strike, Two Cuts; Strike With No Thought; DR 10/Silver & Magic; Fast Healing 5; Cold and Electricity Resistance 10; Turn Resistance +4; Blood Drain; Children of the Night; Dominate; Create Spawn; Energy Drain; Alternate Form; Swarm Form
Doomed to Follow: Epic Spell effect. Binds Malkris to Cariv’s will. Allowed a DC 32 will save once every year.
Claimed by Stars: While under the night sky when the moon is not full, granted +2 AC and SR 30
Energetic Field: 3/day: Can create a 30ft. cone of any energy type. Deals 10d6 damage Ref 18 for half. DC is charisma based.

Magic Items: Katana(Focus, Initiative, shadowstriking, and fire special abilities, enhancement bonus of 2); Bracers of Armor+3; Gloves of Dexterity +4; Ting of Protection +2; Headband of Intellect +2

Last edited:

Remove ads