• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NWN as Simulator?

mypetrock

First Post
I have a large (7-8) heading-towards-high (~15) level party that I'm DMing. Because of their level and size, I have to adjust the encounters so that they are challenged and earn enough experience to continue advancing in level. Consequently, some of my adjustments can cause the party to complain about rolling up new characters as the battle turns against them.

I'm looking at Neverwinter nights as a possible tool to simulate the encounters before game day and tone down the ones that are usually lethal, errr, too challenging. I understand that NWN has a slightly different rule set and that players are likely to differ from whatever battle script I use. Has anyone used NWN as a simulator? What are your opinions on it to simulate encounters? What support does it have for creating templated monsters and advanced bad guys?

Thanks in advance for your help,

mypetrock

KenM

Banned
Banned
There are lots os stuff that is different between NWN and PnP DnD. There is no jump skill, no item creation feats, no mounts.

Remove ads