• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NWN-- looking for players tonight

Lazybones

Adventurer
Greetings!

My second module, "Vorlag's Ruin," is coming right along, and is ready for playtest. Four areas are complete, including an extensive exterior location and several underground areas. I ran it in SP and found some bugs (that is, besides the ones I placed in the module :D), and I'm sure there are many more waiting to be discovered.

The module is designed for a group of 3-6 low-level characters. For fairness and balance considerations I am limiting the game to server-only characters at the moment. If you've got the time (should take about an hour to play through what I've got thus far), come on by tonight (Wednesday 6/26/02) at 7:00 p.m. Pacific time. The game will be titled [EN] Lazybones's "Vorlag's Ruin". It will be open to the public but ENWorlders get first dibs (since you know exactly when the server will open ;)).

I haven't decided if I'm going to run an NPC this time, but I've got a few ready to spawn and possess if need be. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you online!

LB

Lazybones

Adventurer
Rats, the board crash sort of ruined my plans to find players here, but I did run the game and got a pretty good group of three. One even left, went to Eric's game, and came back! His comment, "That Eric Noah sure has a lot of time on his hands."

Now I'll have to go check out what he means!

Maybe I'll run the game again tomorrow night, if there's any interest from the ENWorlders who read this particular forum.

your_mother

Explorer
Eric Noah's Time

Yeah, I was in the game tonight. It was pretty cool. You should check out my module some time if you've got the stomach for it. Someone came in earlier and then left almost immediately. I think the tombstone was daunting.

You should add more underground area(s). It looks good so far.

Eric's module is this fairly large labrynth built under a tavern. It has mobs and equipment that seem to spawn to-scale for the party. Which means that if you group with as many people as possible and go in by yourself, you're hosed.

Maybe that's not an entirely accurate depiction, but it's what seemed to happen to me.

Broken Fang

First Post
Hey LB...I would be intrested in playing along. Reply if you plan on running tonight. We tried it out for the first time yesterday...just me as DM and a friend. Works really well though I'm going to have to learn how to script NPC's...it will be way to difficult if PC's run all over and I have to be everywhere at once. I restarted my module and might try it out at the begining of next week.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Well, if you do reschedule I would be more than happy to join in. I'm working on a character now that I got as an idea off of these boards, and it actually works better with NWN than it does with 3E.

Willo has great things ahead of him :)

Lazybones

Adventurer
Sorry I couldn't post earlier due to the board problems. I think I'm just going to play tonight instead of running a game, but I did finish Vorlag's Ruin (now it's a wilderness area, a cavern, and a two-level dungeon). I'll probably run it sometime this weekend; look for a thread advertising it on this page.

Thanks for your interest,
LB

LightPhoenix

First Post
Whew!! Oh my god, I just about had a heart attack - I fell asleep around quarter after nine and didn't wake up until just now and thought I had missed it. *deep breath*

Thankfully I didn't miss anything. I'd feel bad if I did... I'm one of those people that likes being on time. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads