• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NWN: Opinions?

LostSoul

Adventurer
Frums said:
It will "shine" yes, but not to the point where I am going to even seriously consider moving my OpenRPG campaign into NWN.

Preparing a setting just takes too long for a weekly game. Yes you can largely use the same settings assuming you don't have globe-trotting characters, but the coordination of events, characters, and scenes would run the GM ragged in the NWN GM Client and Toolset, whereas a few words to paint a picture in PnP is a whol elot easier.

I want to be proven wrong, btw.

Modules written for NWN will probably be different from your typical single-player games, or even pen and paper. It might be something like a bunch of "encounters scenes" strung together, with a few developed NPCs, or something like that. Only time will tell.

Xar666

First Post
I love NWN

It rules. I can't stop playing it. Once you get used to the controls and how the combat works it is a great DND 3e simulation. There is actually strategy in the combat. I just hate it when the henchmen tank so much. I am a rogue/fighter and the damn sorcerer keeps rushing enemies.

Lazybones

Adventurer
Hey, I'm a rogue/fighter too! Love those sneak attacks... I paired with the half-orc warrior in Ch1, and am currently with the clumsy cleric in Ch2.

toberane

First Post
Another Rogue/Fighter here chiming in. Got it running on my Athlon 1800 and GeForce4, and it is sooooo pretty! I love the shadows and the lighting, and I really like the system of using the camera once you get used to it.

I would like to be able to equiop the henchmen, also. It seems to me if I can carry 100 pounds worth of stuff and then I go out and hire a big, burly, half-orc barbarian, we should be able to carry more loot around. Nope. I also don't like how you only get about 1/10th as much experience per encounter than you do in 3rd ed. D&D. But these are very, very minor points. All in all, I love it!

your_mother

Explorer
In my opinion it is the second greatest computer game i have ever played. The first would be Master of Magic, of course. But I'm biased.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads