• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NWN question ignored by official NWN board

talwynor

First Post
Hi all,

Haven't had much luck getting an answer on the official boards and I'm hoping the good folk of the EN World boards will smile kindly on my request for more info.

In running the DM tools, I will be posessing many of the NPC's to avoid the need for scripting/and to vary the official campaign on the fly. However, in doing so, the posessed character will frequently set off conversation (and other) triggers. Now I know how to map the triggers and avoid them...but sometimes that' not possible and/or awkward.

Is there a way to disable the triggers as to the posessed character run by the DM?

...Shameless plug...if your interested in a weekly campaign and can committ to a weekly campaign with a small group of online friends, check out www.angelfire.com/rpg2/nwn2

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
I'm having a similar problem, in that when I possess a critter, suddenly the other critters see it as hostile and attack it. Not good. Don't have an answer for you...

Cergorach

The Laughing One
This is only speculation, but could it be that when you take over a creature it's faction changes (into DM or whatever)? Try to check to what kind of faction a taken over creature belongs to. If the Faction changes, it could be very possible that the creatures act hostile to any other faction than their own. Then it would require a script change for the creatures, they would have to see the dm as an equevlant of their own faction...

Just som speculation....

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I put something in the news about something similar. Don't know if it's the same problem, but Bioware suggested making sure you "set the factions at 0 relative to each other" or something. Not having the game yet, of course, I don't know if that's relevant.

talwynor

First Post
Thanks for the responses guys!

I'm aware of the faction bug described by Eric and Morrus...but I think this is something a bit different that will not be remedied by changing the faction settings. Im not worried about being attacked (well I am, but not for the purposes of this question)...just setting off conversation (and traps) the pc's should be initiating themselves.

Again, thanks for responding when I didn't have alot of luck elsewhere...yet another reason these boards are my first stop for info.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads