• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"(Nystul's) Magic Aura" Question

Jimlock

Adventurer
I was wondering if there was a permanent way of suppressing magical auras on items permanently. Is there some sort of permanent "(Nystul's) Magic Aura spell or effect?

Vegepygmy

First Post
I was wondering if there was a permanent way of suppressing magical auras on items permanently. Is there some sort of permanent "(Nystul's) Magic Aura spell or effect?
Officially, not that I know of. But if you're crafting the item yourself, I'd certainly allow the crafter to incorporate Nystul's magic aura into the item and have it either radiate a different aura or none, probably for an extra 1,000 gp or so.

Also, permanency could be used with the DM's permission (the spell description explicitly provides for that).

Jack Simth

First Post
Well, Disjunction probably isn't what you're after... but if you were to apply the Magic Device Trap rules (such as they are), triggered by Detect Magic, and using Magic Aura for 'no aura', then you could get the effect for about 750 gp, 60 xp (Magic Aura at caster level 1, Detect Magic at caster level 1). Every time the effect wears off (including on the trap itself), it re-casts it. So for a round or three a day, it registers, the rest of the time, it doesn't.

Remove ads