NYT Games

I picked up Wordle during the pandemic, and more recently I've enjoyed Connections and Strands. If you've never played them before (or its been awhile) I think today would be a good day to try them out...

... because today's Strands is particularly suited to members of this site.

Does anybody else play? For future discussion in this thread, please use Spoiler tags to discuss a game that is still current, but feel free to remove the tags or discuss older games openly.

I like Queen Bee. I don't really play it, my wife does. I'm horrible at anything even remotely Scrabble related. But, every once in a while I'll look at the puzzle and go "your panagram is 'elephant'" or "the hint is what? Try 'emend'". Then I get to say I helped. :)

Richards

Legend
Yep. I play all the ones that don't require subscribing (which means I don't do the crossword and never get to finish the "Spelling Bee" - I just get to earn points until the cutoff where I have to subscribe to finish). And I never bother with Vertex (which is pretty much just an electronic connect-the-dots - I fail to see the point), but the others all provide me with enough amusement for me to come back each day. And I like the fact that the Sudoku puzzles allow you to click a button and fill in all the potential candidate numbers; I play the Easy one without any candidates as a warm-up exercise, then tackle the Medium and Hard ones with the potential numbers laid out for me and take it from there.

Johnathan

Remove ads