O.L.D. Is Here -- And Here's The Table of Contents!

For WOIN fans, the hardcover version of O.L.D. has been completed. It's going out to Kickstarter backers, and will be available later, once all the backers have their copies. The book came in at 350 pages, full-colour. Here's a quick peek at the Table of Contents. O.L.D. is, of course, fully compatible with N.E.W., its companion science-fiction game, so you can play a medieval fantasy game, a far future science-fiction game, or mix them to introduce magic to your sci-fi. O.L.D., like N.E.W., uses a life path system for character creation and a d6 dice pool system for task resolution.

For WOIN fans, the hardcover version of O.L.D. has been completed. It's going out to Kickstarter backers, and will be available later, once all the backers have their copies. The book came in at 350 pages, full-colour. Here's a quick peek at the Table of Contents. O.L.D. is, of course, fully compatible with N.E.W., its companion science-fiction game, so you can play a medieval fantasy game, a far future science-fiction game, or mix them to introduce magic to your sci-fi. O.L.D., like N.E.W., uses a life path system for character creation and a d6 dice pool system for task resolution.

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.20.44.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.20.57.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.21.10.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.21.18.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 12.21.29.png

criamonkeith

First Post
from what i have seen, it is about as crunchy as 3.5 or pathfinder, very much more mini and map oriented than 5e.
the thing that i like most about it is the fluidity of the system to be able to handle far future all the way to ancient or medieval settings, even mixing the two. I'm a guy who loves to create his own settings, so the ease of modding is right up my alley.

LucasC

First Post
Looks good. A couple questions, for Morrus or anyone familiar with the OLD/NEW system.

1. Where does it like on the rules light-to-heavy spectrum? Say, on a scale of 1 to 5 if, say, 5E is 3.5ish, 4E/3.5E is 4ish, and Pathfinder is 4.5ish?
2. What differentiates this from other fantasy (heartbreaker) games? What makes it standout as distinct or unique?

It's on the crunchy side of the rules equation. More like PF in that respect than 5e.

I've played it off and on for several years. The things my group and I like are:

- Character creation. I GM, they play. Every one of them loves the background system of WOIN.

- Cross Genre. We always mix our fantasy up with sci-fi when playing WOIN and it's built for it.

There's more but those are a few.

Lucas

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
PDF went out to backers about 5 minutes ago. Check your inboxes!

Hardcovers are on their way.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Now the Kickstarter backers have been sent their copies, the 350-page PDF is now available for $10 at DTRPG and RPGNow.

The hardcover will be a bit later - those will take a while to ship out to backers all around the world, and will be available for purchase at the usual locations shortly after that.

dbm

Savage!
The hardcover will be a bit later - those will take a while to ship out to backers all around the world, and will be available for purchase at the usual locations shortly after that.
Any update on the hardcover for non-backers, please?

Remove ads

Remove ads