• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oathbound : Homecoming (the gathering) everybody in!

GPEKO

First Post
Orillian

"Yes following them seems like the thing to do if there are moving. I think the half orc said that they are working on something. I don't like the idea of hiding in the bushes for a few hours, waiting on them to move out. So, unless your hiding magic lasts for a very long time, Kyron, I suggest we get rid of them or, better yet, just avoid them."

"One more thing, if we meet something ... alive, don't attack it. I have a powerful charm that could bring it to our side. That would certainly provide much more valuable information than following pityful undead creature ever will."

Voadam

Legend
"My charm will cloak seven creatures for a little more than an hour. I could do two and cover our mounts and the elemental as well as us. Baja said they are individually bringing back straight timbers, probably for constructing a specific structure, so let's follow the first one to go back and see where it takes us, then disrupt that construction."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Just want to let you know I'm still here and will move on to the smiting as soon as a plan is agreed upon. The complete "grounding" of the tower itself in the material plain is the greatest danger, though there is likely to be an even greater concentration of undead ahead.

[going to look up the hide from undead spell now...]

Kahuna Burger

kirinke

First Post
Marissa

"They're likely to leave a trail anyway. Skelitons aren't terribly bright. Baja and I can probably find it with little trouble," she says and passes out four glass vials of holy water to those who don't have any, keeping one for herself. "

"These vials are full of holy water. Use them only when you have no other choice, it's all I have at the moment. When I get the chance, I will definantly make some more, if Pelor is kind,"
She says, making a mental prayer that they all survive this and thanks for bringing these unlooked for brothers to her side.

"Shall we go and gate-crash this temple?" she asked politely.

Last edited:

deadestdai

First Post
Baja promptly rummages about in his pack for his own vials of holy water and hands them out to those who had none, then, with a small wave of his hand, waits for the spellcaster to work his majicks (though, Baja wasn't all too comfortable with majicks being poured on him.) and leads the party to where he found the dead'ns.

GPEKO

First Post
Voadam said:
"My charm will cloak seven creatures for a little more than an hour. I could do two and cover our mounts and the elemental as well as us. Baja said they are individually bringing back straight timbers, probably for constructing a specific structure, so let's follow the first one to go back and see where it takes us, then disrupt that construction."

"I only remember him saying:"

deadestdai said:
Dere's dead'ns where I woz. They are workin' on suthin'.... liftin' and carryin'. Wanna come see? I woulda bashed them

"But you're probably right. He probably meant that they are bringing some materials back somewhere. Alright, Kyron, work your magic twice, and we'll follow the not-so-dead."

Edit: To Marissa:

"No thanks, lady Marissa. I have my own magic. Leave your holy water to those who, sadly, have no access to the wonderful force that his magic."

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I exist! Sorry, sorry....

Kyron works his spell (which you all take on faith has worked, since you lack an undead amoung you to test it. ;) ) and you follow Baja back to where the skeletons and zombies toil away. Their strange organization but individual mindlessness is evocative of a trail of worker ants carrying their much smaller burdens on a summer day. Following two skeletons moving relitively quickly with a large log, the group passes other undead moving in both directions. After a near miss and Kyron's belated reminder that physical contact with any of the undead will end the protective spell, the group begins moving more defensivly and avoids being run over by those who can't see or sense them.

When you suddenly come out into a clearing you are stopped, some by the dread of recognition and others by the sheer strangness of the sight. The citadel has indeed arisen, and at the same time is only now being built. You can see the dark tower standing 7 or 8 stories high, of ugly black stone that seems stained with blood. But you also see the undead carrying and rolling their burdens towards it and moving them through and inside of those dark walls, fortifying the haunting visage with solid reality. As you watch, a hawk flies directly through the upper section of the tower, and drops stone dead on the other side. At the top of the tower, you think you can see a figure moving through the few windows.

Marisa:
you spot a small figure near the base of the tower, relitively still in all the movement. It is some sort of devil, only two fet high, probably an imp. It is slowly turning its head, apparently scanning the area around it.

kirinke

First Post
Marissa

Marissa pulls the others down into the nearby bushes and far enough away so that the imp can't hear or sense them.

"There's an imp down there," she whispers. "Kyron, can you cast protection from evil on us and can you also discern lies? we need to take it prisoner." she grinned nastily. "And then we need to get some answers from it,"

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
"Well, your spell works wonders against the dead, perhaps now that we've got a living body up ahead, you've another wonder to work?" He nods as the others consult for a moment about the imp then interjects, "you think we could hurry this along? sure it's an imp, i'm sure if we take it by surprise and quick robust force, well it won't stand a chance."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads