Oathbound Player's Guide preview

Teneb

Explorer
So many questions, so little time.

OPG preview #3: I'll try to send it off to Kevin to post before year's end. With the holidays (and finals, and a new job, blarg!) everyone's been a bit busy. I can't promise anything. Is there something in particular anyone would like to see?

Paragon levels: Yes. At least if I understand what you're asking. The nightling is previewed in #2 and has what I would consider to be paragon levels. Is this what you're talking about?

Wildwood in print: As DMH already mentioned, Tom has indicated WW has gone off to the printers and can be expected in 8 weeks. This is third-hand on my part, so things could change.

WW as a campaign: WW is essentially set up as a stand-alone campaign setting, with mentions of Penance and other areas of the Forge in passing. If you have a large tract of wilderness in your campaign world, picking out portions of Wildwood and sticking them in should be very easy. The domain is broken down by geographic type (swampland, northern forest, jungle, etc.), so selecting an area to export would be really easy. I think it is by far the best Oathbound book yet, surpassing (barely mind you) the campaign book itself.

tf360

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Will the material feature advice on how to import this into your home campaign or does it assume Oathbound use only? Will the races have paragon versions or levels simliar to Unearthed Arcana or just the Prestige Race format?

There's no real advice on how to port the material into a home campaign, but I can't really imagine that being very difficult. There's not a lot of Oathbound specific stuff, so races, classes, spells and other goodies shouldn't be too tough to import. The only thing that I can think of being somewhat difficult would be channeling, since the premise relies upon drawing power from the Forge itself. Otherwise, portability shouldn't be much of an issue.

All of the races that appeared in the core rulebook have three racial levels. Some of the more popular races from later books also have them. The prestige races have been turned into prestige racial levels, although I'm strongly leaning to allowing optional rules to continue using the xp system, albeit at a significantly higher cost more along the lines of what appeared in Dragon several years ago.

Remove ads