• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obscure elements of D&D you would love to rescue

Hussar

Legend
Yeah, I gotta admit, I loved wild mages too.

Morale rules are probably my biggest thing I'd like to see brought forward. I just love them.

Lots and LOTS of stuff from Mystara that mostly fell by the wayside in the past fifteen years or so. Some of the Mystara races are just cool - Diaboli are, IMNSHO, much more flavourful than Tieflings. And the various animal people - rakasta, lupins - although I think the Shifters do kinda/sorta fill that niche. But I don't want wannabe lycanthropes, I want full blown furries.

Would also love to see an updated Encyclopedia Magica. That I'd snap up in a minute.

Yeah, I gotta admit, I loved wild mages too.

Morale rules are probably my biggest thing I'd like to see brought forward. I just love them.

Lots and LOTS of stuff from Mystara that mostly fell by the wayside in the past fifteen years or so. Some of the Mystara races are just cool - Diaboli are, IMNSHO, much more flavourful than Tieflings. And the various animal people - rakasta, lupins - although I think the Shifters do kinda/sorta fill that niche. But I don't want wannabe lycanthropes, I want full blown furries.

Would also love to see an updated Encyclopedia Magica. That I'd snap up in a minute.

Can't XP you yet but props for writing " full blown furries" with a straight face. :p

13garth13

First Post
Seconding potion miscibility, and adding 1E Item Saving Throws....none of this, "Well, your cloak might get scorched a bit if you roll a 1...". Nope, it's fail a saving throw versus a red dragon's breath and you can consider almost any remotely flammable (and even a number of your metallic items too...) to be ashes and molten slag.

Ahhh....good times....;)

Cheers,
Colin

Stormonu

Legend
Weapon speeds and the roll-each-round initiative check. In the latter, the round-robin initiative has helped cause a lot of problems; mostly with wizards - especially in the fact you no longer plan what you're doing for the round before your turn comes up (and you're thus already committed to a course of action).

Cambions. Tieflings are demon/devil wannabes, like shifters are lycanthrope wannabes. I want to see these truly evil anti-heroes return to the game.

Brutish dragons. Hyper-intelligent, spell-casting dragons have their use, but sometimes you want a dragon more like those in Reign of Fire/Dragonslayer than Dragonheart.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads