• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Obscure Iconic Names!!!

Al

First Post
I believe that the iconic drow wizard is Yrinthakis, not Trinthakis (the text under the picture doesn't make it clear, but at the top of the page it is more so.)

Don't forget (on the same page) Nosh the Mighty, the Iconic wizard of great skill (eat that, Mialee.)

Oh yeah: Kerwyn and Lidda might get upset if you call them Iconic Rouges: it's spelt ROGUE!

Kulik, Skitky and Kliss are iconic formians (DMG, p.96)

cybernetic

Explorer
don't forget the unseen Iconic Goblin....PoePoe the wonder goblin with his stick of much hurt (the most heavily enhcanted non-magic stick ever)

Hennet

First Post
More than pretty faces

We're Iconic because we embody different aspects of our classes or races--to some degree we support stereotypes about our class or race. Everyone, for example, has always associated Half-Orcs with haikus and ballroom dancing so that helped Krusk become the Iconic Half-Orc Barbarian. So being well-known or even popular isn't enough; Meepo needs to be so kobaldish that when you are looking for a good example of some typical kobald behaviour or trait, you think of Meepo.

So the question is, "Is Meepo sufficiently typical of kobald warriors to be their one Iconic representative? Or is he so idiosyncratic that, while he might deserve his own television series, he is not Iconic?".

I go with him not being Iconic. He's more one of a kind.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
cybernetic said:
don't forget the unseen Iconic Goblin....PoePoe the wonder goblin with his stick of much hurt (the most heavily enhcanted non-magic stick ever)

Where is this character from? Is it another character from The Sunless Citadel?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
CRGreathouse said:

What about when Mialee gates Kulik to give him a cloak of resistance?

To me, that doesn't make a whole lot of difference but others might disagree. After all, then it becomes a matter of where we draw the line. Do we, as an Internet community say that any character is a Iconic as long as it is in an official D&D rulebook.

What say all?

reapersaurus

Explorer
Completely personal opinion:

I think it's fairly obvious that the Iconics should be the characters that are introduced and pictured along with the stats for a class.

In the PHB, this would only be Krusk, Devis, Jozan, etc.

Just cause a character has a picture and a name in a book does NOT make you Iconic.
I consider Naull, Regdar, Kerwyn and Eberk to be window-dressing - just giving multiple takes on certain classes.

There's only ONE Iconic character for each class, with few exceptions. Nebin is explicitly included and statted in the Wizard class section.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads