• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ocala Florida Game Stores

spectre72

First Post
I will soon be leaving the frigid north for a visit to Ocala Florida and am looking for good games stores in the area.

Since I live in Vermont, the home of the nonexistant game store, I thought it might be fun to see what a real store looks like ;)

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Scott

Ocala? Hmmm...haven't been down there in a while, but I believe there's at least one gaming store down there.

You could move up here to G'ville. We've got at least 3. :)

spectre72

First Post
I am only visiting the area for 2 weeks with my wife.

Mostly for trips to Disney, Sea World, ...etc.

And since my Aunt lives in Ocala it means we can visit Florida without the cost of a hotel room so we are staying with her.

But I hope to check out game stores if I can since there are none within many hours drive from where we live in Southern Vermont.

diaglo

Adventurer
Retailers in OCALA FL

Status Retailer Address Contact Map
A Collector's Paradise 4901 E Silver Springs Blvd
Ocala, FL
34470 US 352-236-8899
acollectorspardise@earthlink.net
Street Map
Books-A-Million 2701 SW College Rd
Ocala, FL
34474-8429 US 904-237-1707 Street Map
Electronics Boutique 3100 SW College Rd
Ocala, FL
34474-8434 US 352-237-4412 Street Map
KB Toys 3100 SW College Rd
Ocala, FL
34474-7446 US 413-496-3000 Street Map
Toys R US 2800 SW College Rd
Ocala, FL
34474-4424 US

edit: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=company/locator

atom crash

First Post
When I lived in Gainesville (1998-2002), the best place to buy gaming stuff was at the Florida book store on 34th (Am I remembering streets correctly? It was in a Kash N Karry shopping center, on the street that connected University and Archer that ran past the UF golf course). It was primarily a textbook store, but they had gaming material and offered a 20% discount on any new gaming stuff.

There was also a comics/gaming store (Mega Comics & Games?) near the Toys R Us at the Oaks Mall, but they sold mostly comics and cards. The Travelling Mage was a rather poor choice for games, as the stock never seemed to update.

Books Inc. (used book store) had a great selection of used 1st and 2nd Edition books. I'd go there every week and get something new for a few bucks. It's the best used book store I've ever visited. I'd love to go back to visit G'ville just to check that place out again.

Last edited:

CarlZog

Explorer
Well, in 1983, there was a great hole in the wall dump called "Ray the Trader" next to Buritto Brothers. There really was a guy named Ray and he ran a sheer dump. Just books, comics games and junk piled up EVERYWHERE. I don't think he had the slightest idea what was there. You just dug 'til you found something you wanted, which usually didn't require digging too long. Man, did I get some treasures there.

In about '85, down on University Ave., a great shop opened called "Past, Present, and Future." All things SF and Fantasy. Very cool.

Fun town, Gainesville. I still miss the Porpoise -- which was a MUCH more mellow and smaller joint when it first opened in '82 than by the time it shut down a couple years ago.

Carl

atom crash

First Post
Mmmm, Burrito Bros. I really have to get back to G'ville for a weekend soon.

I never went to the Porpoise. It was the hangout of the fraternities when I was there. But you could find me at the Salty Dog two or three nights a week. :cool:

Yep, three real 'game' shops here in Gainesville that I know of for sure are Mega Comics, Florida Book Store and Travelling Mage...though I've only been to Travelling Mage once or twice. I've known the guys at Mega Comics for about 8 or so years now so I'm always up there. BooksAMillion is also a great place for RPG books.

Mmm...I have the sudden urge to run out and get some Burrito Brothers now. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads