• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

odd character

rathor

First Post
had a player roll an odd character for my newest game. it is a forgotten realms campaign in unther. the player rolled a gnome. not that odd, even though lantan is far away not all gnomes live there. well, this gnome was rolled as a druid....

silvertable81

First Post
Come back when it's a centaur Paladin.

But, seriously a gnome druid has potential, imagine the power he has above other druids with his ability to talk to burrowing mammals, make sure those are his animal companions.

But it's really no big deal unless you get a Dryad Sorceress with an awakened sapling for her tree and familiar.

Malakye

First Post
When you say he "rolled" a character, do you mean he chose to make a Gnome Druid and rolled up his stats or do you choose race and class randomly?

Also, why is it odd to have a gnome druid? I think it makes perfect sense for the race. I read the Unther entry in the FR campaign book and I see several ideas for a druid in Unther.

He could be trying to restore the Green lands or his ancestors could be from Methwood and he is returning to his homeland.

Remember, druids don't have to be from the woods either. There are desert, mountain and swamp druids too.

Moe Ronalds

First Post
yeah, yeah, yeah, you think you're big, huh punk!? Well I've got a half-orc paladin-wannabe (would that make him a half orc half paladin?) with a 17 charisma in the FR game I'm in so... there!

(Yeah I know the whole "race and class that don't mix" thing has been done to death. You want to do somethin' about it sissy-boy? Huh? Not so big without your dice and flaming greataxes are we?)
:D

Dark Dragon

Explorer
:D

Things get funny when using Reincarnate...In the current campaign, we have a satyr cleric of Tempus and a boar assassin...

Malakye already mentioned it, druids are not restricted to the woods, there could also be a cave druid, an ocean druid or an arctic druid.

alsih2o

First Post
in my campaign world there are four kinds of druids with a bit of a rivalry. river and coast druids, swamp and woods druids, desert druids and urban druids.

they are not openly hostile to one another, and definetely not violent, but they do see themselves as clearly delineated factions. as per the norm, there are also a small group of "can't we all just get along?" druids :)

rathor

First Post
ha ha

she didn't roll up randomly i just say that. it is a figure of speech for filling out a character sheet. oh well.....

yes, this is a she... one of the few.... female gamers!

well.... she is in methwood.... but i don't know what the hell to do about ancestors.... when i figure it out it will be a hook for the adventure i am sure... she says her mom was a druid that died and that she didn't know her dad...

she has a wolf as a companion now... didn't think about the borrowing animals companions....... hummmmmmmmmmmm

roflmao at the boar assassin

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads