• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Odd combo from martial power I need help verifying...

AndItsAllGone

First Post
Upon reflection, I think the last two replies are correct. By the time it becomes an issue, the characters are practically walking demigods anyway, so I doubt an extra action each turn is going to completely unbalance the game. As a DM, if this ever comes up, I'll just have to remember to tweak the encounters a bit so it's not an issue.

Runestar

First Post
Kinda defeats the purpose of releasing stats for Tiamat, if the only way to defeat her is through broken combos like this...;)

I know...I know...DM fiat and all that stuff. Just thought it would be interesting to highlight this new demigod-alternative. Move along now. Nothing more to see. :p

Ibixat

First Post
It doesn't need to: they're not spending any APs.

One quick errata later of "you allies also gain an extra action as a power bonus" and problem is solved, since the action is a "typed" bonus it would not stack with itself anymore!

Or at least in my addled brain that works.

vladbat

First Post
Is it just me or wouldn't the Warmaster have to have the points to start this combo? Eventually he will run out. If he is moving around a lot I bet their are plenty of things that could stop him at that level.
I would house rule the combo from him level 24 feature so that it doesn't stack. It does say gains "an action." I would limit it to one.

James McMurray

First Post
Is it just me or wouldn't the Warmaster have to have the points to start this combo? Eventually he will run out.

He gets an action opint at the start of the day, and as long as he never uses it for anything but move actions, he'll always get it right back.

If he is moving around a lot I bet their are plenty of things that could stop him at that level.

He doesn't need to move, just take a move action. He could ready an item, shift back and forth, or anything else that doesn't provoke.

I would house rule the combo from him level 24 feature so that it doesn't stack. It does say gains "an action." I would limit it to one.

Same here.

Remove ads