• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oddball Accessories

Aeric

Explorer
MonkeyDragon said:
Emoticards, Expressions on a Stick!

Made by yours truly, these are small cards with various expressions in thought bubbles. There are some smileys, and punctuation symbols like ?, !, and @$%&!. The backs of the cards have languages on them. The set includes all the languages in the PHB, and the cards fit on a little stick. Sometimes, nothing expresses a feeling for your character better than holding up a little sign that reads "WTF?!" I made them just for fun, but the other players in my group think's they're pretty neat.

I did that once, many years ago, for a Mekton game. Since it was an anime-themed game, we had cards with a big sweat bead drawn on them and cards with "...." to hold up when our characters were speechless. It was great. People started doing others, too...I did some based on an old Bugs Bunny cartoon where he would hold up signs showing a baseball with a screw in it (screwball), a belfry with bats coming out of it, a cracked pot, etc. Good times.

Red Viper said:
-I went cheep and made myself wire templates for spell effects.
-What I didn't go cheap on was our gaming table. a 4x8 table with a clear acrylic, surface to use dry erase markers, with 1x1 grids cut into the whole surface below the acrylic and edge to keep dice from rolling off and legs with shelving built in them to keep our books and such.

That table looks amazing! Awesome job!

Bloodsparrow

First Post
Red Viper said:
Here is are links to pictures of my table. I am currently planning on adding pull out writing surfaces with cup and dice holders for each spot.

Table
http://www.geocities.com/cpdgrace/table.JPG
Legs
http://www.geocities.com/cpdgrace/leg.JPG
Grid
http://www.geocities.com/cpdgrace/grid.JPG

Okay, that's pretty swanky.

We have one particular member who's something of a junky for little 3rd party game paraphernalia dojiggers.

Firstly, he's got this giant battlemat that's like... 7ft long. Actually, I have it because we play at my house and so it lives here. When I moved into this place, one of the criteria for when I selected my dining table was that it would expand to fit most of the monster mat.

We also have a smaller mat that one of the guys sandwiched between a board and some Plexiglas... I rather think it's better not to make your small battle mats rigid... Makes them hard to store and lug around. I still don't know why he did it really, except perhaps he wanted to "build" something and use powertools. :D

He's also got the wire frame spell templets, and another member of the group also makes templates by printing interesting patterns out on plastic sheets and cutting them out. The patterns match the spell that the templet is most used for. Web, stinking cloud, fireball, color spray, etc.

There are adorable sets of stamps to use on your battlemat. Like doors, and torches, tables, chairs, "lewt", and a rolling stamp for walls.

We've got the steel 10x10 squares for mounted combat and he often threatens to use them as ninja stars.

We have a pickle barrel or two of plastic D&D and Mage Knight minis for those really big battles.

And I like to use an Excel spreadsheet for my characters myself.

Once, a very long time ago, I made myself a dicebag that doubled as a hand puppet to represent my familiar. It was pretty silly, but fun.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads