• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oddest builds...

Maldor

First Post
i had a 3.0 game where a pc took ranger levels for favored enimy camel got a bane weapon for them to a halfing skip rock (no he was not a halfing and yes i told him he could just take favored animals but he just want camels)

pallandrome

First Post
Someone playing a Gandalf knockoff. High level pally that ran around in robes because he had maxed out his age catagory and couldn't wear full plate anymore. Took monkey grip and all the two weapon fighting feats so he could dual weild a staff and longsword. With all the buffs from he incredibly high wisdom giving him extra spells, he was pretty damn effective in combat, and he had such high charisma that killing him was damn near impossible (he would simply lay-on-hands himself back up to full if he ever got seriously hurt).

dutorn

First Post
I'm currently running a Halfling Bard 1/Druid 3/Rogue 1/Green Whisper 2. It started off as more of a joke, but once I picked up the halfling druid racial class from Races of the Wild, then picked up Martial Weapon Lance, mounted combat chain, throw in some rhino armor and an awesome dog companion i'm doing 5d6 on a charge, cast as a 3rd level bard, and 5th level druid. It actually turned out to be a very effective character in every aspect except grappling, which is a huge downfall to this char.

the Jester

Legend
A cool one that I saw was ranger 1/rogue 2/cleric 5/assassin 1/contemplative 10/monk 1... I may be missing a class or two in there somewhere.

FalcWP

Explorer
I played a Hexblade 3/Ranger 2/Monk 2/Fighter 1 in a campaign recently. He wore armor (ok, only a mithral shirt), wielded a glaive, and was dedicated to killing arcane casters. I got a few odd looks from the other players, mostly over adding Monk into the build when I was wearing armor and using a glaive. It didn't work too bad, though - I didn't have to worry much if someone got inside my glaive's reach, since I could just kick them a couple times, I had decent skills, unbelievable saves (along with evasion *and* mettle), and a *lot* of feats.

That character is being retired for a Beguiler 6/Swashbuckler 3 heading for Duelist next level (no skilled characters or utility magic in the party, but a couple other melee types).

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
dutorn said:
I'm currently running a Halfling Bard 1/Druid 3/Rogue 1/Green Whisper 2. It started off as more of a joke, but once I picked up the halfling druid racial class from Races of the Wild, then picked up Martial Weapon Lance, mounted combat chain, throw in some rhino armor and an awesome dog companion i'm doing 5d6 on a charge, cast as a 3rd level bard, and 5th level druid. It actually turned out to be a very effective character in every aspect except grappling, which is a huge downfall to this char.
That's what Escape Artist is for.

One of the most useful skills for Small (or smaller) characters.

Warlock 3/Marshal 2/Crusader 1/Half-Elf Racial 3/Human Racial 3/Half-Elf Bard 1/Paladin of Freedom 2/Outcast Champion 5

As the Halfling Monk mess above, this character calls save or die spells "Save spells".

His eldritch blast isn't that good, but he's got two flavors of smite, Damage Reduction 9/Cold Iron, Postpone Damage 5, Counterattack, and a good pile of those "Destiny" feats. Oh, and everyone within 60' of him that's on his side gets +5 Initiative, +5 to all Dex based skills, and Fast Healing 1.

Either that build above, or my friend's first 3e character: Human Barbarian 1/Bard 1/Cleric of Fharlanghn 1/Druid 1/Fighter 1/Ranger 1/Rogue 2/Sorcerer 1/Wizard 1/Fochlucan Lyrist 10.

The Lyrist levels upped his Druid and Wizard casting. He was surprisingly ineffective. He didn't take those levels in that order, but it was easier to remember them all like that.

-TRRW

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads