Odyssey Class Enterprise F finally official with S3 Picard

Other folks are excited about the cast reunion or seeing Geordie La Forge's Starfleet Daughters (including Burton real life daughter Mica Burton), but for me, I'm most excited for the Odyssey Class, Enterprise F to finally be official.

I mean not only does the Enterpise F have Saucer Seperation, Worker Bees, and the Aquaris Class docked in its arse (whivh means by extension the Aquaris Class is canon too in S3), but it also has a crew of 2100. The Picard show comic had Admiral Picard Captaining an Odyssey Class ship in the comic book, when evacing Romulans, before his retirement.

Also the Odyssey Class is making its way to the Star Trek RPG. This is huge for STO, this was STO's Hero ship bar none (although I love my Jupiter Class Carrier).

Last edited:

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I'm not familiar with STO, really, or even the names of latter-day starship classes, but I do like the look of that Sojourner class. I guess I like my saucer sections saucer-shaped!

I'm not familiar with STO, really, or even the names of latter-day starship classes, but I do like the look of that Sojourner class. I guess I like my saucer sections saucer-shaped!

Yeah the Odyssey class has a very modular design, so their is a whole bunch of variations.

Odyssey-class
~Star Cruiser Variants
Tier 5 Variants
Odyssey Star Cruiser
Odyssey Operations Cruiser
Odyssey Science Cruiser
Odyssey Tactical Cruiser
Tier 6 Variants
Endeavour Tactical Star Cruiser
Sojourner Operations Star Cruiser
Yorktown Science Star Cruiser
Legendary Verity Command Dreadnought Cruiser
Terran Lexington Dreadnought Cruiser
Odyssey Dreadnought Cruiser
Terran Odyssey Dreadnought Cruiser

MarkB

Legend
The show had a lot of ground to make up after that copy'n'paste fleet debacle at the end of season 1, so they've been making sure to include plenty of ship designs in subsequent scenes. Fortunately, Star Trek Online provides them with both cheap-to-retrofit tried-and-tested ship designs and viewer goodwill.

They did a great job with the new Stargazer, though.

The show had a lot of ground to make up after that copy'n'paste fleet debacle at the end of season 1, so they've been making sure to include plenty of ship designs in subsequent scenes. Fortunately, Star Trek Online provides them with both cheap-to-retrofit tried-and-tested ship designs and viewer goodwill.

They did a great job with the new Stargazer, though.

Oh hell, STO is so eagar to get the TV shows using their designs, they polish them for them. The Picard SFX did said they didn't do anything to the Enterprise F, STO did a polish on it, that is it and they are using it as is, the same freaking model of the ship from the game.

MarkB

Legend
Oh hell, STO is so eagar to get the TV shows using their designs, they polish them for them. The Picard SFX did said they didn't do anything to the Enterprise F, STO did a polish on it, that is it and they are using it as is, the same freaking model of the ship from the game.
They probably didn't even need to polish it. A lot of the STO ships are designed by EC Henry, and he does high-quality CGI movie work on YouTube. His master files are probably as detailed as any production company could ask for.

I had fun with that game. Does STO let you design ships?

Sort of, you can customize alot of ship classes to a limited degree both in terms of appearance and various slots that effect the ships capabilities.

Like for the Odyssey as long as you own the right variations you can use different parts from the Odyssey, Yorktown, Endevour, Mirror Lexington, Verity classes (because these classes are all just variations of each other). And you can use different kinds of weapons in each of its 4 forward weapons slots and 4 rear weapon slots, use different warp cores and impulse engines (a rare few of these also effect appearance, like the Borg set, although a lot if special Shields especially can optionally alter appearance of your ship).

They probably didn't even need to polish it. A lot of the STO ships are designed by EC Henry, and he does high-quality CGI movie work on YouTube. His master files are probably as detailed as any production company could ask for.

They straight up said they upgraded the model's appearance. They've been doing that with a lot of the older models already.

Remove ads