• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oerth/Toril/Krynn connectivity. Are they still linked in your campaign?

Oerth/Toril/Krynn connectivity. Are they still linked in your campaign?

• Yes

Votes: 84 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 84 42.9%
  • Other

Votes: 28 14.3%

dead

Explorer
Do the worlds of Oerth, Toril, and Krynn still share the Great Wheel cosmology (and/or the Phlogiston) in your campaign? (Did you ever connect them in the first place?)

Also, how do you explain how a traveller from Oerth can go to Toril or Krynn and be able to speak/understand the Common language of the natives without any problem? Is the Common-tongue multiversal?

----------------------
Back in 2E I kinda saw these three worlds -- Oerth, Toril, Krynn -- as being like "sisters". They were somehow intimately linked and each bobbed in the Material Plane (Phlogiston) like the point of an equalatral triangle. And, of course, they shared the Great Wheel Cosmology.

However, I never fully explained why they were part of the same Material Plane or why, indeed, a traveller could speak Common on any of the three worlds with no problem yet might travel to another country on his own world and run into a language barrier!

dead

Explorer
Oerth
Toril
Krynn

These were the 3 biggest worlds from TSR.
-----------------

Mystara
Birthright (what's the name of the world?)
Athas

These also connected but were always in the shadow of their more significant brethren above.

------------------
Planescape
Ravenloft
Spelljammer

The "glue" campaigns that linked all of the TSR worlds

-------------------
Am I forgetting anything?

RogueRonin

Explorer
I voted other, because I am DMing a campaign in which they are completely seperate, but I am playing in a campaign where the worlds are all connected like as in Spelljammer.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I've got a homebrew planet-and-plane-hopping campaign that's got 3 major "Prime" worlds already (or 4, depending on how you look at one of them).

There's been no real need for those other three.

-- N

Aeolius

Adventurer
"Never never never never never" - William Shakespeare’s King Lear :D

Granted, Ravenloft was a demi-plane created to imprison Tharizdun. Everyone knows that. ;)

Wycen

Explorer
I voted other because Krynn is separated from the rest by whatever metaplot was going on with it. Same for Athas. I don't use the 3E FR cosmology, they can call it whatever they want, but we know they are backwater clueless berks.

Olive

Explorer
I don't use any of these campaign worlds, but the basic principle still applies.

I think that the various primes being interconected and sharing planes is absurd. designing planes for each campaign world is a muh better idea. You cans till get from prime to prime through Shadow (a key art of my world's history), but there's no spelljammer or the like.

I love the planes, I just dislike multiple primes intensely.

Remove ads