• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Of course I would put NPC design off till the last day...

dutorn

First Post
Of course I have a game tonight and need over a dozen NPC's including Drow and Human. I had planned on buying NPC Designer (http://www.rpgattitude.com/npcdesigner.asp) and whipping them up today, but I keep getting the "cannot find server" error, sheesh! I just had to put this off till the last day! And I really don't want to spend the rest of the day putting this mass amout of NPCs together today.

I hope this is just a temporary error and I'm still able to get NPC Designer.

Just as extra info, I have a Drow thief guild who's come into town to try to overthrow the local Shadow Thieves (Forgotten Realms) in the city of Athkatla. I forsee a fairly large battle tonight and needed the NPC's for the combat.

Put it off till the last minute, what can go wrong, LOL

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
Yeah, when you were trying to connect (Same time I was I imagine) the main server room was cut off it seems, effected quite a bit of Chicago's internet from what I was told. Only lasted about 2 hours though from start to finish.

As for using other tools, sure you can. Still takes time and they do not have all the features NPC Designer has but each to their own. As for Mr Cook's last three parts of his series in Dungeon issues, very good and reminds me of the days when I could wing it back in 1e. You can also go to his site and read his review of NPC Designer in the Line of Sight.

Remove ads