• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

of psicrystals and alignments

Korin Tempest

First Post
do psicrystals have alignments? checked the massive minds eye packet, didn't see anything.. anyways.. reason i'm wondering is that my current character has changed alignment (ng to cg) wasn't sure if the crystal stayed ng or changed too... not a drastic shift, but i'm looking at it at a roleplaying perspective... anyways, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Spatula

Explorer
The psicrystal is a fragment of the character's own personality, so if it has an alignment it would be the same as the character's. Whether or not it changes with the character is up to the DM - either it retains the personality it was originally imprinted with (and could theoretically go in its own direction), or it develops along the same paths as the character because it has essentially the same mind.

bret

First Post
Some of the personality fragments might be extreme cases of the original personality and have a slightly different alignment. The idea is various parts of the person's personality interact, sort of like the devil and angel on a cartoon character's shoulder.

I could see Sensitive always being good, liar being chaotic, resolved always being lawful, etc.

Could be amusing to have a Psion who is always being pulled towards an alignment by his crystal.

Remove ads