• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Of Sound Mind III

Zhure

First Post
Gholog

Gholog will move around the townspeople and toward the bell. Maybe my larger weight will cause a louder sound...

Jarval

Explorer
Gholog and Jason fall back into the belltower, slamming the heavy oak door shut behind them. Jason heaves the iron bar into place to hold the door closed, while Gholog joins Seraphina at the Wyrmcall's rope. His added weight increases the volume of each sounding of the bell, and the crystal (now directly under the bell) is having to work without pause to keep it's surface unbroken.

"If you stop this madness now, I will let you all go unharmed." The stone's voice echoes into the tower from the assembled townsfolk outside. "I will make you all rich, if you will give me back to my people."

(OoC: A bit more detail on the construction of the belltower, now you're all inside it. It's about fifty feet height, and has at least three stories to it (going by the locations of windows on the outside). It's twenty feet square at it's base, and there's a flight of stairs leading up beside the door Jason's just barred.

Speaking of which, I hope nobody minds me acting for their character. I thought barring the tower door was implicit from the general theme of your actions.)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Seraphina looks at Gholog as the people outside the tower speak in unison.

"I don't think it would actually do that..." She says, shaking her head as she and the half-orc sound the bell. "Better just to destroy the damn thing... hope they don't come through the door, that would be very bad..."

Other Guy

First Post
Jason Master

“I agree,” Jason says to Seraphina, walking towards the crystal. He picks it up and speaks to it, “I’ve had just about enough of you.” The young man looks up at the bell 50 feet above his head and considers what to do.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
(OoC: Quick map time: G = Gholog, J = Jason, S = Seraphina, T = Townspeople (or some of them...). The grey square is some of the surrounding plaza, the white square is the bell tower. You're currently on the ground floor of the belltower, with the bell about 50' (and at least two floors) above you. The bellrope hangs down through a slot cut into the floor above.)

Attachments

• OSM map 2004-04-13.jpg
    OSM map 2004-04-13.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 64

Jarval

Explorer
(OoC: I'm going to be away from EN World until the 23rd. Sorry about any problems this might cause, but I've got quite a build up of RL stuff to deal with :\

I know this isn't the greatest timing on my part, what with the whole surrounded by possessed peasants situation you're currently in, but once I'm the other side of these problems, I should be able to get back to posting more often. I know my posting has been a bit erratic over the last few months, but I do really enjoy running this game and look forwards to getting it back onto a more regular posting schedule.

Anyway, see you in week's time, and sorry about yet another delay.)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
"If we can wait, I could climb up the rope with the crystal, and get it closer to the bell so that the sound is louder." Seraphina says. "But we'd have to not ring the bell while I was doing that, and I don't know how long it will take me to get up there... Gholog, could you hold the door that long?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads