Of Wealth and Taste

Boddynock

First Post
"Elisden," repeats Dante, taking the tall stranger's hand and shaking it firmly. Turning to the bar, he says, "Landlord, two glasses of your best Arborean, if you please. And how much is accommodation in this establishment?"

Having observed the bartender and having received an answer, while waiting for the wine Dante turns and glances around the room. He then turns to Elisden and gives him his full attention, chatting lightly, knowing that Hordan will examine the scene carefully and relay relevant information to him. The psicrystal pays particular attention to the number and placement of the patrons, the entrances and exits, and the general layout of the room. Eventually he, too, turns his attention to Elisden.

When the drinks come, Dante pays up ((how much is the best Arborean?)). He waits before booking a room - how long he stays here will depend on the sort of information he receives from Elisden. Moving to a vacant table ((if there is one)), he hands a glass to Elisden and says, "I'm looking for a cutter - someone to whom life is cheap, and the suffering of others is amusing. Now, I know that there are plenty such as this one around, but the name I've heard whispered is the Black Mage. I have business with the Black Mage - an investment a long time in coming to term. Can you help me?"

((Gather Information: 1d20 + 11 [19] = 30
or if Diplomacy would be better...
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 [10] = 21))

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
((the wine was 2sp a glass; very expensive for wine, but still pretty negligible compared to your wealth. Presumably Elisden guessed you were accustomed to a lot of money passing through your hands, or he would not have been so cavalier about ordering it. I'm not going to answer your post IC just yet; one more post from everyone else first should do it, so bear with me))

The shopkeeper inspects Vestra's tattoos, obviously intrigued, as she puts forward her proposition. He seems to think for a moment and then nods slowly. "Alright, you've got yourself a deal. I'll put a sign up advertising your services, and I'll provide the raw materials you need. I take the profit. Once I've made... oooh..." he thinks for a moment - "7,000 jinx, you can have yourself that hourglass. Whaddya say?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I believe that is a fair deal. My tattoos do not come cheaply, but then again most arcanists are aware of the price of such fine craftsmanship and power," Vestra says with a wink. "Shall we sign a contract? And do you know of a place nearby where I could obtain a room?

Synchronicity

First Post
Davian Immersmere

'Oh. Suddenly, this all makes a little more sense. Teach me to go wandering into situations without really knowing the particulars..heh.' Davian acts oblivious to the silent...communication? confrontation? perhaps...recognition? which passes between his gambling partners, and speaks in an offhand fashion, responding to the pseudo-halfling's words. "'Tis a good way to be. After all, the saying goes 'better the devil you know' - eh, cutter?" With that, Davian turns back to the game - yet it seems to have lost some of it's lustre, and he does not play for long, choosing to excuse himself after a little while longer and move to one of the card tables. After all, there's no reason to get yourself caught between a Vrock and a hard place.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Eluvan said:
Garant is left to read and drink in peace for now. The big story of the day is a supposed sighting of the Mercykiller's Wyrm flying over the Hive. One Hiver had come forward and declared that it ate her son. Three different groups of Xaositects and one group of Anarchists have each claimed sole responsibility for freeing it from the Tower. The Mercykillers deny that the Wyrm has gone missing, but refused to let a reporter enter the Tower to check and made threats upon his person when he pressed the issue.

Chuckling Garant thumbs past the big story of the day, always the red death causing a ruckus, flipped through the rest of the paper uninterested, he tosses it onto the table, plops down a jinx and heads out into the street. Reflexively gazing up, catching the barmy of the story in his own right would just add to it. He taps on down the street, on his way back to his "shop".

Eluvan

First Post
Elisden seems about to speak, but thinks better of it and instead takes out a piece of papaer and a pencil and scribbles something down before folding the paper and passing it across to Dante. As he lays a hand on it, however, he is interrupted by the sudden appearance of a small winged humanoid, its body crackling with electricity, that appears instantaneously in front of him. It peers at him for a second before grinning and holding its head aloft in an attitude that makes it very apparent it is speaking a given message: "You have considerable talent, currently being wasted due to a lack of employment opportunities. This can be rectified. Be at the Trioptic Nic'Epona in an hour if you wish to learn more." As suddenly as it appeared, the creature disappears with another grin and a flash of lightning. The other patrons of the bar all seem momentarily diverted, but most of them go about their business quite quickly. Such occurences apparently are far from unheard of in Sigil.

The proprietor nods to Vestra. "It shouldn't be hard to find a room nearby. I will draw up a contract directly, if you'll give me a moment to procure some paper and ink..." he whizzes off to some other corner of the shop, and Vestra is left alone for a few moments. Her wait is interrupted by the sudden appearance of a small winged humanoid, its body crackling with electricity, that appears instantaneously in front of her. It peers at her for a second before grinning and holding its head aloft in an attitude that makes it very apparent it is speaking a given message: "You have considerable talent, currently being wasted due to a lack of employment opportunities. This can be rectified. Be at the Trioptic Nic'Epona in an hour if you wish to learn more." As suddenly as it appeared, the creature disappears with another grin and a flash of lightning. The shopkeeper comes back directly afterwards, apparently oblivious to what just transpired, or at least paying it no mind. He begins scribbling furiously, drawing up a contract.

Garant's walk home is interrupted by the sudden appearance of a small winged humanoid, its body crackling with electricity, that appears instantaneously in front of him. It peers at him for a second before grinning and holding its head aloft in an attitude that makes it very apparent it is speaking a given message: "You have considerable talent, currently being wasted due to a lack of employment opportunities. This can be rectified. Be at the Trioptic Nic'Epona in an hour if you wish to learn more." As suddenly as it appeared, the creature disappears with another grin and a flash of lightning.

Davian has just extricated himself from the dangerous dice game, and is on his way over to the card table when a small winged humanoid appears instantaneously in front of him, its body crackling with electricity. It peers at him for a second before grinning and holding its head aloft in an attitude that makes it very apparent it is speaking a given message: "You have considerable talent, currently being wasted due to a lack of employment opportunities. This can be rectified. Be at the Trioptic Nic'Epona in an hour if you wish to learn more." As suddenly as it appeared, the creature disappears with another grin and a flash of lightning. The other patrons of the gambling den fall quiet as the messenger speaks, obviously hoping to hear something interesting or profitable, and shameless about their nosiness. They quickly go back to thier games afterwards however, obviously disappointed.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Vestra is startled, but covers it quickly, patting down her hair after the electric creature leaves.*

"Ah... yes. A couple things... this is rather silly, but I don't think I got your name, or introduced myself properly. I am Vestra Morger," she says a bit distractedly. "Oh, and I don't suppose you've heard of a place called Trioptic Nic'Epona, have you?"

Eluvan

First Post
The shopkeeper looks up distractedly. "Hmmm? Oh... I'm Deel. Ignore what it says on the sign outside... prior owner. And yeah, I know the Triona. Head over to the Clerk's Ward, near the Hall of Speakers. Can't miss the thing, it's the only two hundred foot horse in the vicinity. Watch out for the Sinkers, they don't like people going too near the thing. Go take a look, sure, but don't get any ideas about stepping too close to it." With that he goes back to his feverish scribbling.

Synchronicity

First Post
Davian Immersmere

Davian looks pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the creature, a broad grin spreading across his face as it speaks. As the other patrons of the gambling den begin to turn away again, he winks at one of the more obviously curious groups and strides out of the Dancing Bariaur, all good humour restored. 'Whoever sent that's got a novel way of getting a body's attention. At last, a bit of fun! Now then...the Trioptic Nic'Epona. That sounds vaguely familiar..but where from, I wonder? Oh well, I get to go and find out!' Davian heads out of the gambling den and wanders vaguely towards the nearest marketplace, being as touts tend to gather in such areas. He is humming a tune again, his sense of anticipation growing steadily greater. Nothing excites Davian quite as much as mystery and the prospect of adventure, and the somewhat cryptic nature of the message has inevitably interested him.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Eluvan said:
Elisden seems about to speak, but thinks better of it and instead takes out a piece of paper and a pencil and scribbles something down before folding the paper and passing it across to Dante. As he lays a hand on it, however, he is interrupted by the sudden appearance of a small winged humanoid, its body crackling with electricity, that appears instantaneously in front of him. It peers at him for a second before grinning and holding its head aloft in an attitude that makes it very apparent it is speaking a given message: "You have considerable talent, currently being wasted due to a lack of employment opportunities. This can be rectified. Be at the Trioptic Nic'Epona in an hour if you wish to learn more." As suddenly as it appeared, the creature disappears with another grin and a flash of lightning. The other patrons of the bar all seem momentarily diverted, but most of them go about their business quite quickly. Such occurences apparently are far from unheard of in Sigil.
"Ah," says Dante, "that was unexpected. Just what was that, Elisden? Is this a normal means of communication hereabouts? And where is the ... Trioptic Nic-Epona? Come to think of it, what is the Trioptic Nic'Epona? Is it far from here? Do I have time to finish my drink? Do we - if you're curious to know what's going on?"

"And who the hell knows we're here, Hord?"

Picking up the note, Dante reads it, then looks up for Elisden's reply.

Remove ads