Off to War [IC]

jackslate45

First Post
"I have to admit, charms and compulsions are not my strong suit, but I can definitely try. As for me leaving, it looks like Vance does not want a pretty girl doing a man's job, so he is taking care of it." Ern says. "As for our evidence, as long as we stay quiet and do not talk to anyone we should be good. The other reason we have a partner is to shut the other person up if they start talking."

[sblock]Ern has Enchantment as a prohibited school, so any rolls are at -5 already. [/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"I can check for enchantments and curses as well," Jareth says in a slightly off-handed manner.

"As stated, Vance said he'd get me a rider. I can also talk with Fallon, see if he recommends anyone trustworthy to handle that or go along, or if he can simply cast a Sending spell."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Maybe a letter would be better," Sil says with a smile. "It would have your seal and the seal of Kem on it, and be a little more official. Most humans like that sort of thing. A sending spell would require this... Mordecai, to take you at your word and question himself if he should obey. The seal he will obey without question, especially if delivered by one such as the Lord Valorn. You have only been baron for a few hours, Jareth."

"And what about me,"
Aver says grumpily. "I didn't sign on for all this and yet now I have to march all the way to Siere?! Why not let me take the message and at least get to ride there."

"We can discuss the why nots later," Sil says firmly. "And the way you should act while in an area that we could have ears and eyes on us without knowing. We should get ready to turn in. I hope Dellex was right and we are allowed to stay the night here. After only two days of sleeping on the ground I think a bed one last time would be most welcome."

Dragonwriter

First Post
"The Sending would be for expedience and its difficulty to hijack or alter. Really, my intention would be to have Mordecai prepare for a rider's arrival, bearing more detailed instructions, and for him to have a return letter ready, concerning information on the current status of Kem. And be ready to check for magical alterations or effects upon the letter or the rider," Jareth explains, his voice hinting at a strong sense of caution.

jackslate45

First Post
"Aver, you have not heard of the wealth of Siere?! You, someone who revels in the finding of such things, would very much like the city. My father went there once a long time ago, and said that the palace has some of the best art and treasure this side of the river. You should be excited about going there! Think of who you can meet with, as an official representative of of the elves. You might be able to stand in the High King's chamber when you meet him!" Ern says, astonishment in her eyes. "Very few commoners have ever stood while the High King holds court. This is an honor that you should hold with pride!"

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A human honor," Aver says rolling his eyes. "I would..."

"Well my brother is a bed," Vance says entering the room once more with Lora. "He still wishes for me to convey that he will offer you what help he can, and..."

Lora kicks him subtle as if to stop him from continuing. "We should all be getting ready to turn in. We can talk more in the morning."

"Right," Vance says looking at the woman slightly perplexed.

"I am sorry Lord Valron," Sil says standing. "But the army leaves tomorrow morning and we will be going with them."

""So soon? Then we should talk. It is about Lord Grignard." he says looking at the ground. Lora looks at him vexed. "Please ambassador if you have a minute."

Sil sits once more intrigued and asks, "Who is Lord Grignard."

[sblock=OOC] In case it has been to long Lord Grignard is Frozen Messiah's character - Claude. The Reygurian paladin with the New Orlean's accent.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"I wasn't aware he was of noble blood, but he was with us, well Trinham and I in the Irregulars, for a time. An older man, skilled with the bow. Reygurian, though he was quite different in deed from his countrymen," Jareth says by way of explanation to Silniecian.

"What about him? I haven't seen him since Dellex had us arrested after the battle. Or is that the exact problem?"

jackslate45

First Post
A Reygurian noble? What would one be doing here? The thought of a swamp man here made Ernestine slightly nervous, but it shouldn't matter. "You guys seem to know a lot of nobility, in the oddest places. Some pop out of thin air in fact." she says, smiling slightly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: The restart-

Vance looks to Lora and sees the frown but she says nothing. "I fear Lord Grignard has escaped," Vance says as he and Jareth both find seats once more.

The table was nearly full with everyone sitting silently around it, as the fire crackled behind them.

Trinham studies his boots, pretending not to take in every word. Knowing that Vance probably doesn't want to hear what he has to say he listens intently.

Ernestine was silent as well, but attentive. She didn't know all the players yet and this game was getting dangerous. She remembered the first time she say the old dragon Vester, and knew when he found out what had happen to his treasure his wrath would be terrible.

Lora took a chair and waited. There was so much to tell but where to begin. She hid her apprehension behind the stern frown she wore like warriors wore armor.

Malaroc took off his gauntlets to better cross his armors. The crown was secure, but the group still had to return it. Could this be some other twist the gods meant to throw in the groups way? Could this Reygurian lord be trouble as they tried to finish their mission?

Jareth wanted to pace but took the news with a new found calm, he never knew he was capable of.
"Good, he did not deserve to be locked away, he was a good man." he says wondering where he might have gone. Not back to Lord Bear's army.

"Then are you sure he is Reygurian?" the elven ambassador asks with a small smile. He steeples his long fingers together before continuing. "Did you know that the Reygurs have open secret negotiations with the Treylor? Their country is between the pass and Siere and will be the first to fall should The Legions march Off to War."

Remove ads