• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off to War [IC]

Spade

First Post
Gareth sighed, giving up for the time being, and nodded in agreement.

"So we need someone who speaks... Er, I guess it'd be called Gnollish?" He asked, standing up from his spot but leaving his trident and shield where they were for the moment. "I can go ask around."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon looks up from where the gnoll was allowing him to clean the wound and answered. "Good, good idea. Please hurry."

The young man then sets off stopping everyone he sees to see if they speak gnollish. He gets into the middle of camp when he sees two of those mean regular army soldiers in their white tabards talking to a young man holding the reins of a horse.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Meanwhile the two soldiers eye Alexander suspiciously.

"Well now we can't give you just any old job now can we," the smaller one says. "What are you qualified to do iggot?"

Zerith

First Post
[FONT=&quot]“While I would love to say I am an expert mage and swordsman, I can only say with honestly that I, presently, only have a passing skill in either, that said, I can talk your ears off in more languages then I think you can name off the top of your head; Dragonic, Elven, Dwaren, to name a few." Alexander started before griming broadly. "Hells! I can even literally bark out orders! …Something I have yet to do… I shall have to fix that latter…” Alexander continued with a devious quality taking over his grin as he started fealing his chin with his free hand before adding “Oh yes, I can ride this horse to you know; I don’t have it for the smell.”[/FONT]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well then if you can ride it than you can take care of it," the solider says a thought coming on. "And that means you can take care of all the horses at the horselines. Since your going there anyway."

[sblock=OOC] Pray Gareth comes up and saves you from manure shoveling. :p[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
Alexander just looked at the two with an amused look on his face, his grin was back, and growing with all hast. “You are over reaching.” He chuckled, he took back what he thought about commoners only being smart when they were against him, and they had just denounced any apparent intellect they had with that notion.
“Unless one of you happens to hold the rank of general, which you clearly don’t, you are not of adequate rank to order me; you can make recommendations of what I should do, but I can also refuse them at my pleasure.” He began smugly; it was times like this he would always capitalize on his nobility without a second thought of it.

“I’ve even discussed this at length with the camp’s commanding officer, so you can either try arguing with the CO….” he cackled with vigor, the only thing the duo had over him was that he was not compiling with a very simple regulation, one that he was already fallowing after they pointed it out, and the short one pointing out that Jaxs was huge was about as intimidating to Alexander as them being armed, and given they were Pesh solders that made them being armed a joking matter in terms of threatening him: he could have either of them, even both of them, hanged if they were stupid enough to honestly strike him, or simply thrown in a stockade if they tried to ‘abduct him’, he knew it and they would have to be deficient to not know it as well. “…or you can brake rank…” Alexander continued, still bellowing out no small amount of amusement at the short ones foolishness “… and go to someone of rank beyond the camp’s highest officer, and them tell them why I should work as a stable boy while you also try explaining why you left your post!” He continued laughingly at them.

“I’m the soul hair to a countship, and anyone with authority over me knows that!”
he cackled, he could not help himself at thing point, it was just to much. “And yo-you think that…” he stuttered with a laugh he could not hold back any longer before simply bellowing out at them for a moment. As he held his gut and almost kneeled over. “you think they would risk making the next count of The Raven’s River belligerent towards theme for the sake of a guard’s Ego!? I presently have no enemies, only potential allies who want to get on my good side before my father’s paranoia is finally justified! I Could have been, nay, can be your sergeant if I ask!” he laughed onwards; he was holding back on the urge to point and bellow out at them. So he just bellowed at them and saved the pointing for latter.

His laugh developed into a half chocked squeak by the time he recovered enough to look at them with a semi straight face. “So, do either of you have any real recommendations of what I should do or should I just ask your commander for a favor and then just reward him down the road after watching the two of you clean up after my friend here!” Alexander ranted onwards while petting his horse; his day was positively made, the rest of it could be horridly boring and his mood would still be in the clouds. He had to wonder if it could get any better. ‘Nah…’ he thought with a mental chuckle as he continued to giggle at the duo. “Well? what was your real recommendation? I do recall saying you could ask me to do something. Now, give the egotistical noble something he thinks of worthy of his time before he watches you two do stable duty…” He seemingly ended before adding “…Say, I did not seem to hear his name Jaxs; I really don’t think it’s fair that he is risking your free time but not his own with his antics.” Alexander finally stopped talking long enough for someone to interject, he was looking towards Jaxs’ face and pointing at the shorter solder. Grinning as if he planned to hop onto his high horse and then ride off, get a new order for Jaxs and friend, and then ride back and watch them work with shoves and buckets until the dirt was cleaner then polished marble; after all, he had nothing better to do, and it was their idea!

But honestly, he had no intention of going that far, that implied he would have to take out a political loan for a trifling manner, that had just made his day no less, and then latter pay it back with something that would most likely not be trifling. However, they had no need to know that… and if they did decide to push their luck he would likely just go to the CO’s tent, and have tea, possibly discuss planes for the future, just small talk really; afterward he would walk out with a wide smile, and if one of them was watching to see the outcome, he would give a manic grin and be on his was. Sometimes a sense of impending doom was worth so much more than a simple punishment… and that just made him grin and sinker all the louder.

[sblock=OoC] Rich noble clean up after horses? he has never had to clean up his own room, why would he clean a horse's room?!? that is what commoners are for! and there are two able bodies who are also doing nothing right in front of him! XD [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Um... excuse me," a voice comes from behind Alexander as he dresses down the soldiers.

Alexander turns to see a red-headed you man carrying a trident and shield. By the look of him he might have recently been in a fight. His pants leg is torn and he looks a little disheveled.

The young man only gives the soldiers a passing glance (and a grim look) before address the nobleman.

"I have been asking everyone I can find if they speak Gnoll," the young man says. "I need someone to help speak to a gnoll, no one I find so far is any help."

"Wait why would you be talking to a gnoll for?" the small soldier asks stepping up.

Getting a defient look in is eye the young man says bluntly. "He's hurt and we need to understand what he wants. Do you speak gnoll?" he asks with a hint of knowing the answer. The small soldier just sputters and says nothing.

Zerith

First Post
An opportunity to speak Gnoll, Alexander day just got better somehow.
His face was obscured to Gearth by being turned away from Gareth just enough; it was not apparent if this was a random occurrence or if he was purposefully hiding his face. “Yes, well, as much as anything can; it’s a very subtle language, and it does not have much room for complexity… But the basics, oh yes, the basics are very well established and stressed above all else, and while exact facts are all but none existent in it, ideas and feelings are displayed in full force; you all but have to speak your mind while speaking it.” Alexander began while speaking swiftly and allowing himself to wander off into thought as he shifted towards the side of his horse.

His hair was unequal to say the least, it was formed into neat feather like locks and while it was raven black, it had a golden v in each lock. The gold and black theme from his hair carried over into its clothing; it was of fin quality and entirely black save for golden embroidering.
“Oh my, where are my manners…” He continued while turning to face Gareth properly, giving the youth ample site of his gold and black eyes “I am Lord Alexander Ravensworth, what is your name?” he finished while not giving the youth any time to reply between any of his previous sentences and then rising and extending his right hand.

[sblock=OoC] Not as good as I should like, but given that Spade is not here to react off of it, I shall toss the feeling into my "meh..." basket[/sblock]

Spade

First Post
Gareth had blinked in mild surprise when the man had first started talking, apparently describing how Gnollish worked, but grinned happily at finding someone who actually spoke the language at all. His surprise returned for a moment at the weird color pattern Alexander's eyes and hair had, but he filled it away as just another amusing oddity of the world.

"Gareth Silander." The teenager introduced himself, pondering how to shake the offered hand with his equipment in his hands for a moment before shifting so that the trident rested up against his shoulder, shaking his hand lightly before hold onto his weapon again. "Anyways, I'll take you over to him then - Hopefully Fallon's been able to keep him calm while I was out looking."

[sblock=OOC]Okay, posted! Sorry I made you have to post for me earlier. >.>[/sblock]

Zerith

First Post
Alexander found the handshake informative; Gareth did not seem all that confident, not wanting to crush someone’s hand is one thing, but being dainty about hinted at uncertainty, lack of confidence, or femininity. Alexander doubted the latter as he looked down at Gareth, who was not much shy of a full foot shorter then Alexander was, he did not see anything that hinted at femininity, not the least of which was the teen’s poster; it screamed of being ready to plow a field at a moment’s notice.
Alexander grinned wider, and then eased on to his horse before turning back to face Gareth again, “Two things,” he started happily “do you never let your shield rest on your back while in the safety of the camp? And do you intend for me to take the lead while you lead me?” he ended smugly.

Remove ads