Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm back and reading post

Walking Dad: The monk AC bonus ability I believe is a fair "swap" for favored enemy, but my question was a little vage. For cocept of the character why would they gain this bonus the favored enemy was because of the hunting (remember you get bonuses on skill checks as well as combat bonuses) and as they become better hunters they gain more benefit against the Tamor and then use these same skills on opponents they are just learning about i.e. a lower bonus vs. new favorites. So my qustion is why the AC bonus and why do they not wear armor -- i'd wear armor if i had to fight a direboar trust me lots of it.

And that feat I would change to this before I would allow it:sorry
Improved Toughness- prerequisite: Con 13 Toughness Feat
Gain +2hp and +1hp/Hit Die or character lvl. Whenever you gain a HD or character lvl gain 1 additional hp.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
O.k. whoses next...

ghostcat: That's easy just trade in summon familiar ability for a feat. Why carry a toad around for +3 hit points just take toughness. and yes there could be a cat running around camp what better spy could you ask for??

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
To Theroc

Your puligest (how is that spelled?) could be a ranged combatant or wrestler or anyother style warrior. Heck you could balance all the above really. Just remember concept not stats are the important thing to start.

That goes for everyone ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And last but not least...

wysiwyg,

where to start- I have played with skill links before : Notice instead of Listen and Spot, Persuasion instead of Diplomacy and Bluff but I believe the way a character notices something or persauades a gaint not to eat him defines him that is just about the time I was deciding on adding two skill points to the base of each class because I believed by doing so it would help not only stop each player from putting there points in the same skills but help build synergy bonus for PCs

Making skills linked make each character the same a ranger with a high notice or are you a sharped earred ranger or do your friends call you eagle eyes because you miss nothing

So if I could I d break the skills down even further to make characters more unique

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Db

Lets see that same fighter at say lvl 15

AC= 10 + 3(dex) + 4 (shield) + 15 (BAB) = 32(34 ring +2)
DR= 8 (full plate)

hmmm... not bad we are on to something here it just looks alittle over balanced I like using your combat ability(BAB) to defened yourself ...parry, parry, strike

Any other pros/cons people see??

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Soilder of the Kingdom

I like it (all credit to wysiwyg) each sub class will be based on which kingdom a character is from as everyone is from:

Pesh- focus on skirmish/scouts/guerilla tactics
Norden- focus on infantry (heavy and heavier)
Fanshaw- focus artillery/crossbowmen/school of magic
Reygur- focus light infantry/pikemen/sabotage/assassins
Kurkland- focus on calvary both light and heavy

So as I've only been at this about 2 hours I don't have all these classes ready (don't have one done). Will do as someone wants to play a concept of a different type of fighter. So concepts/backgrounds if your interested.

Theroc

First Post
Your puligest (how is that spelled?) could be a ranged combatant or wrestler or anyother style warrior. Heck you could balance all the above really. Just remember concept not stats are the important thing to start.

That goes for everyone ;)

Well, pugilist implies hand to hand combat, which... generally, needs to be done in melee range. I had been considering getting his hands on a polearm and later a spiked chain (to emphasize his flexibility in combat), to whirl around in semi-acrobatic manuevers. Seeing as he's a 'fighter' whose main goal was to show off to earn money.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well, pugilist implies hand to hand combat, which... generally, needs to be done in melee range. I had been considering getting his hands on a polearm and later a spiked chain (to emphasize his flexibility in combat), to whirl around in semi-acrobatic manuevers. Seeing as he's a 'fighter' whose main goal was to show off to earn money.

So he's a fighter for money (later maybe a touch of fame) who doesn't care about killing someone in one blow needs to entertain the crowd so the will throw coins or bet big on him. He'll need to change up his weapons people don't pay big for the same show they've seen before. I like him just need to start a fighter and break down what you need and don't need(i.e. lose heavy armor for an exotic weapon prof., lose medium armor for toughness etc.) submit what it is you want think ahead and we'lll get him ready.

wysiwyg

First Post
Lets see that same fighter at say lvl 15

AC= 10 + 3(dex) + 4 (shield) + 15 (BAB) = 32(34 ring +2)
DR= 8 (full plate)

hmmm... not bad we are on to something here it just looks alittle over balanced I like using your combat ability(BAB) to defened yourself ...parry, parry, strike

Any other pros/cons people see??

I thought of other factors that could come in (and will actually restrict the DB in some ways:

Firstly, ACP should be added (it's negative remember) to the AC bonus. A character wearing full plate is actually going to be easier to hit because of the lack of movement the armor imposes. So a first level charcter, not trained as well as a more veteran soldier, is not going to be very effective in his armor. He might gain the benefit of DR, but boy is he going to get smacked more often. As he progresses he becomes more versatile and his parrying skill will compensate for the ACP.

Size: is still a determining factor to AC. It does not really apply to us now because we're all human, but a halfling or a dwarf would gain from this.

You might want to create/modify some new feats to boost the AC score. For example:
Light/Medium/Heavy Armor Proficiency - As per usual. However, if the pc is already proficient in that armor, he becomes more profiecient ito negating the ACP. The amount it helps is up to us to decide +1? +2?
Dodge - Let it be effective against all enemies, and let it be cumulative to increase the AC bonus by 1 every time.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
getting to be alot of paper work let's simplify it:

What do we want ? They ability for a warrior to protect himself when not in armor? I men fighting is different when in leathers than when in full plate(sometimes you would take a hit hoping the armor would absorb the blow) So let's reflex that the way you fight armored and with a shield is not the same as when your in your nightshirt with just a sword. DB should only be used when you have no armor or shield bonus, and shouldn't be a better bonus than an average character of the same lvl wearing armor. That would reflect the character using his fighting prowess both armored and unarmored but the armor adding some protection.

If Iwere to keep it simple I would add a DB spot to table 3-1 and give a character the bonus as he lvls like BAB and saves and just add an unarmored spot to the character sheet.

lets keep going this we be useful in night attacks when everyone was asleep oh did I say that oops gtg

Remove ads