• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Off-Topic] New Talisman

FishXXIII

First Post
Sorry if someone asked before, but has anyone heard abot the new Talisman? When not playing D&D or Spycraft we end up playing Munchkin and Talisman..

Now my gaming store has the new Talisman.. $75, miniatures, and al sorts of good toys.. seems to be similar...

anyone heard anyhting? LIke what characters/miniatures are included?

I know there will be 3 expansions (one for each side, Dragon Tower for the middle..)

Thanks

Fish

frankthedm

First Post
I LOVE Talisman. I was lucky, leisure hours sold it for 15 bucks off, too.

There are a few bugs, though the hermit can go to two spaces that no longer exist.

CCamfield

First Post
Um, the last I'd heard was that there definitely would not be any expansions re-released. But I suppose GW might have changed their minds if they got a lot of positive response. Where did you hear that?

Tratyn Runewind

First Post
Hello,

The most recent previous thread here on the subject is this one.

Best information currently available is that:

1) this is an out-and-out reprint of the last edition, with the Dragon King as the default ending instead of the Crown of Command,

2) No expansions are included or being considered, because

3) They're only reprinting it because their copyright would lapse if they didn't, and a limited-edition high-cost-per-copy run is sufficient to keep their rights.

I haven't looked too deeply into the matter myself, so I wouldn't bet the farm on the conventional wisdom above, but it does seem to be the current "buzz" on the subject...

Hope this helps! :)

FishXXIII

First Post
What about this?

Talisman

So what are the characters that come with it?

Has anyone played it?

This should tide me over until the summer' Necromunda releases.. and that just until they get around to a new edition of Warhammer Quest (or as I call it D&D for Dummies) :+)

Fish

Tratyn Runewind

First Post
Hi again,

Posted by FishXXIII:
What about this?

FishXXIII, that article would appear to have been written at the time of the introduction of the 3rd Edition, c. 1993 - Talisman is now 20 years old, not 10.

Posted by FishXXIII:
So what are the characters that come with it?

As far as I know, the same ones that came with 3rd Edition. There's a nice gallery of those figures here.

Haven't played the new one here, or even seen it around yet. Prefer the 2nd Edition to the 3rd myself.

Again, hope this helps! :)

FishXXIII

First Post
I do have 2nd edition, and I must say I love it. But the prospect of a new updated version with cleaner rules and more new toys is appealing.

But if it's crap, I won't waste my cash, so I'm looking out for me and my group.

Looks like I need more reasearch, thanks for helping so far!

Fish

bigdndfan

First Post
FishXXIII said:
I do have 2nd edition, and I must say I love it. But the prospect of a new updated version with cleaner rules and more new toys is appealing.

But if it's crap, I won't waste my cash, so I'm looking out for me and my group.

Looks like I need more reasearch, thanks for helping so far!

Fish

Sadly in Talisman 3e you can see the genesis of the Warhammer type games that GW began to produce.

3e has a very different feel than 1 or 2e.

So If you liked the previous editions, run.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads