• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Off topic polls are now banned

Bonedagger

First Post
As a new member I kind of liked the funny polls. A sign that people hung out here even when they had no questions or dnd-stuff to discuss. I, for one, think OOT polls should be allowed (And no. I haven't posted any polls myself). And if they take up to much space... Remove polls altogether.

William Ronald

Explorer
The boards have sometimes been a little slow recently. I have had trouble posting to the boards because the server was a bit burdened.

Can polls be useful? Yes. However, the boards exist for communication and fun. I would like some of the features such as the members list to return. So if the polls have to be curtailed, then do so.

Someguy

First Post
Re: Good job morrus

The It's Man said:
Lemon curry...

You should've closed all polls without a lemon curry option...

Ok, That would be all but two...
and those are my Chariot one, and one in meta...

WHERE IS LEMONCURRY!

Gez

First Post
Well, when you were bored with nothing to do else than staying iin front of a computer, the silly polls could be funny. I even posted in some. But I don't regret their condamnation, as the situation was going out of hand. Too much of them, too repetitive also. Each new poll seemed to be a caricature of a previous. It was tiresome, and Morrus' decision was necessary.

Maybe OT and silly polls could be allowed back again later, if they don't clutter again one big half of the thread. Two silly/OT polls active are a sane maximum, but everyone wanted to post his own poll...

Painfully

First Post
This reminds me of when I was ranting on the meta board complaining about OT posts and wanting more moderating going on. Glad to see it being reigned in a bit...FINALLY! Would it be too much to simply have an OT posts page for those who don't care to see OT items at all?! Maybe you should take a poll in the meta forums?

Remove ads