Offical Star Wars III Trailer (merged)

John Crichton said:
While I do think a classic Star Wars twist is coming, I don't believe that is it.
I take it you haven't read the spoiler reports, then? 'Coz if there was a twist coming, we'd know it already.

John Crichton

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
I take it you haven't read the spoiler reports, then? 'Coz if there was a twist coming, we'd know it already.
Nope. The only thing I look at are the official teasers/trailers. I want to know nothing about the story or plot going in. It makes it so much more enjoyable to find all these things out for myself.

I'm not expecting a "No. I'M your father," type twist but more like an Episode I/VI (switcharoo/sibling) type twist. Which now that I think of it lends itself well to Palpy playing a part somehow in Anakin's conception. Either way, I want to go in fairly clean. The folks around here do a pretty good job of labeling their spoiler posts so I can still get my pre-release talk in with not getting thing ruined for me. :)

The_Universe

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Uh, it was established long before the first prequel was made that the Emperor was named Palpatine, and it was obvious (same actor, same voice, same outfit) also from the first movie that Sidious was the Emperor. And if this new trailer didn't completely clear up any lingering (and baseless, IMO) doubts, I don't know what will.
Read the second half of the post, Josh - The Emperor/Sidious/Palpatine might be clones. That's what I've come across a number of times - maybe that means that they're still the same person to you, but while they'd certainly be connected, I think the possibility remains that they're seperate entities.

Vigilance said:
Yeah, Palpatine can shoot lightning from his hands at will but not make a minor change in his appearance.
He can do both. But, while the change in appearance would allow (in D20 terms) constant will saves to see through the illusion, the Jedi really would have to worry about lightning only at the precise moment it's shooting from his hands.

The_Universe said:
Read the second half of the post, Josh - The Emperor/Sidious/Palpatine might be clones. That's what I've come across a number of times - maybe that means that they're still the same person to you, but while they'd certainly be connected, I think the possibility remains that they're seperate entities.
Ah, I didn't connect that. Probably because I think that's so unlikely! ;) That comes across as much more of an EU type plot than something Lucas would do.

The_Universe

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Ah, I didn't connect that. Probably because I think that's so unlikely! ;) That comes across as much more of an EU type plot than something Lucas would do.
I don't know if it's terribly likely, either. In fact, if they are clones, it's practically ripped from the pages of Dark Horse's Dark Empire comics. However, that's what I still see occaisonally popping up on the rumor mill we call the internet.

Remove ads