• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Official Introduction Thread

Jeremy757

First Post
Use this thread to introduce yourself. Tell us a little about yourself, what part of the metroplex you live in, your gaming group, what kind of game your looking for, etc.

Welcome to the group.

Gilladian

Adventurer
I'm in Waco. Not quite metroplex, but I did live in Denton for a few years.

I've been playing DnD for over 30 years, now. We're sticking with 3.5, mostly through lack of desire to learn a new game, I think. My group right now consists of me as DM, my husband and a good friend as my players. We're running through RotR right now. It's fun!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
OK...my turn.

Black Catholic gamer dude of 30+ years in the hobby. Been living in the Metroplex since 1982, currently in Coppell. My FLGS was the Lone Star Comics at Beltline and 183. With its closing, I shop more at Game Chest (Valley View Mall), Generation X (Euless) and occasionally LSC's Hurst location.

Favorite games include HERO, D&D (3.5), Mutants & Masterminds, Paranoia, Traveller, Space:1889 and Deadlands. I'll play just about anything, but there are a lot of games that, while I'm familiar with them, I'll never run- GURPS, 4Ed, others. I'd still play 'em with a good GM and a nice group of gamers, though.

Jeremy757

First Post
My Introduction

Born and raised in North Texas. I'm 34 and currently live in west Irving near the airport. I have been a gamer since '86 and started with OD&D red box. I mostly GM.

My FLGS is usually Amazon, Ebay or Half-Price books. I occasionally go to Generation X or Games Chest, but have grown a dislike for LSC.

My game group consists of seven people and most of us have been together since at least 2001 if not longer. I have been GMing an Exalted campaign for them since the beginning of the year. We are enjoying it a lot.

My Favorite games: D&D (any edition), Earthdawn, Mutants and Masterminds, Deadlands, Savage Worlds, Shadowrun, Paranoia, Twilight: 2000, Dark*Matter.

Games I would love to play but haven't: I would kill to get in on an L5R 3e or Ars Magica game as a player. They just look like awesome games to me. Would love to play in any of the nWoD games. Would like to try out Tri-Stat sometime too.

Non-RPG games I like: City of Heroes, Sins of a Solar Empire, Warhammer 40K (Dark Angels), Chez Geek, Kill Doctor Lucky, and I am Wii Addict.

I am also a member in a bowling league and an avid reader and miniature painter. I have a journal on LiveJournal too.

Thats me in a nut-shell.

cougent

First Post
Re-introduction

I live in Irving and have been a gamer since 1981. Yes I am an old fart.:)

I have played BECMI, AD&D, and 3E/3.5. During the 90's I left the 2E era and played EarthDawn instead. I really have little interest in 4E other than the new EarthDawn 4E that I do want to check out.

I have been a GM more than a player, but have actually been on hiatus from both for a while as I have been trying to formally "write" my home brew campaign into a true setting manual.

I used to frequent LSC in Irving also until it closed. I have hosted games in my own home from 2000 through 2006ish when my group dissolved. 4 of 6 regulars were Marines and had something else they had to go do.;)

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I am also a member in a bowling league and an avid reader and miniature painter.

Dude! I bowl too!

My buddies live all over the Metroplex, so I've wound up bowling in leagues in Plano, Lewisville, Irving, Arlington and Dallas. Usually, I average between 175-190.

Currently, I'm in a Thurs night league up in Lewisville...the AMF on Main street next to Angelina's.

Jeremy757

First Post
Dude! I bowl too!

My buddies live all over the Metroplex, so I've wound up bowling in leagues in Plano, Lewisville, Irving, Arlington and Dallas. Usually, I average between 175-190.

Currently, I'm in a Thurs night league up in Lewisville...the AMF on Main street next to Angelina's.

Well I just started bowling on a regular basis this year with some people from work. We just finished up a summer league and now we are starting a fall league. But I'm only going to be an alternate on that one so I won't be bowling every week.

Bowinja

First Post
Hiya,

Just moved to the DFW area from northern Virginia. Located in Carrollton now. Played some 3.5ed last. Really interested in trying out 4ed but I'd be up for any game if anyone's looking for an extra PC.

Talysian

Explorer
Hey,
In the North Dallas Carrollton Area. My wife and I both game, we are in the late 20's early 30's catagory ;) Currently playing & or running in 3 4E Games and a Deadlands game. (All but one of these are bi weekly and alternate.)

Other games of interest: EARTHDAWN, Shadowrun, Blood of Hero's, and Star wars.

Other hobbies: Reformed Warcrack addict, Emulators and Roms, and Reading. (Jim Butcher) being top of the line right now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads