• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OGC declaration

Kerrick

First Post
If I wanted to make some things for free download - say, a PrC that'll go on the Downloads section - and make it OGC, should I inlcude the entire OGL, or just put this line at the top:

This material is Open Game Content, and is licensed for public use under the terms of the Open Game License v1.0a.

Assuming the material in question doesn't include anything from other sources, the second choice should be okay, right? Only reason I ask is that I don't want to add another page of useless text to a file that's a free download.

Roudi

First Post
Technically speaking, a copy of the full OGL (including the S15 entry for the class itself) must accompany the class. However, you could get around it by hosting the OGL on a webpage, and including a link in the PrC document to the OGL. If you have several items available for download, you could incorporate all their S15 entries onto the same online OGL; so long as each downloadable class links back to that OGL, you'll be covered.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Use individual OGLs for each download. They'll be easier for others to use without crowding their section fifteens with unnecessary information.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Kerrick said:
Assuming the material in question doesn't include anything from other sources, the second choice should be okay, right? Only reason I ask is that I don't want to add another page of useless text to a file that's a free download.

Is it d20? If so, it's gonna have stuff from other sources (the SRD) by definition.

Either way, you need to use the full license - there's no way around that. But you can make it really small!

Remove ads