• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oh, hey. Updated Balor in Demonomicon

DMRob

First Post
Hey, thanks for the info, other then the action points, and charm immunity, I was right with my educated guesses. and even with a +5 save , and engine of destruction, he managed to flub his save for cazed, and another thing. as for the aura cituation, the player had forgotton all about having it in the first encounter of the night, where their character had been surrounded by a number of minions, and damaged heavily by them. Said player almost forgot about it again, as I was halfway through the rolls for the flameburst from the teleport, when bam, he remembered, and things went downhill for them. and to be honest, I was not even aware of said aura on the PC. I should be, but I have 7-8 players at any given session, so keeping track of every detail is beyond me, I just strive for them having fun, which they are all saying they are. I just have to figure out how to top this guy.

Aegeri

First Post
To compensate with the APs you can just allow him another AP towards the end of the encounter, hence having 2 total APs like any other solo. Additionally I think players sometimes appreciate monsters that don't just dump everything the first two rounds into them anyway.

I'll be interested to hear what your players thought of him in the end.

DMRob

First Post
I have asked a number of them what they thought so far, as this has been the most difficult encounter I have thrown at them yet. I have a mix of players that are very good at making effective characters, players who make characters they think are effective, but arent, and players not interested in making effective characters, but end up doing so anyhow through luck. so far, all I have spoken with are really excited about it, and looking forward to getting back to the next session.

This is our first epic level campaign for 4th, till now it has been the other two tiers, so its like a family reunion of old school threats they had faced in older edition epic games, and cameos of older things that arent currently supported.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads