• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK GenCOn ENWorlders, document your experiences here...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
They are much too long to repost here, but I have two GenCon posts on my Livejournal, with pictures.

You played in Piratecat's M&M game, and you aren't sure if you liked GenCon more than Origins?

2hand.gif

-Hyp.

Jengenritz

First Post
I'm told that there are games and auctions and art shows and what-not at Gen Con, but Goodman Games' DCC Open Tournament is my thing.
I spent almost every day at Union Station shepherding people to their rounds, making sure everyone (or at least every Judge) has Player's Packs, and doing the scoring.

It's always cool to see familiar faces make another attempt at the tournament, and getting their stories as they leave ("We TPK'ed but it was a blast! Greatest 300 moment ever!") kinda makes it worthwhile.

monkeydragon said:
For the last bit of the evening I wound up back at Embassy Suites for an awesome talk on adventure writing by the guys from Goodman Games. Hilarious!

Glad you liked the seminar! We try to mix the entertaining and informative.

Noumenon said:
The delve really made me wish it were possible to have professional DM services.

If you like high-quality GMs, check out the DCC tournament next year. We screen them pretty heavily, and end up with only the best (including a few people found here on ENWorld).

Back to Gen Con:

One of my highlights was Castle Whiterock winning a silver ENnie for Cartography. We were also nominated for Best Adventure, but when you're up against WotC and Paizo, what are you gonna do?

I got to eat exactly one White Castle slider, which for health reasons is really all I should have, but it was sooooo delicious.

I actually got to walk around the Dealer's Room on Saturday (a rare treat). Made a bee-line for Fantasy Flight's booth, picked up Kingsport Horror expansion, but they were already sold out of Black Goat of the Woods (NOOOOOO!).
Hit the T-shirt booths, missed a chance to get the wife a Flash Gordon hoodie (anyone know who had those?) 'cause I got distracted by Fat Dragon's terrain.

Lastly, there was much fun hanging out with the Judges, the Goodman Games staff, and a friend of mine I see about once a year.
Like has been said already this thread, the people make the trip worthwhile.

sjmiller

Explorer
I purchased some of Dr. Wizard's Patented Elevators.
(from your livejournal blog)
Glad to have sold you some of Doctor Wizard's Patented Elevation Indicators. Did you get any of the large or huge base extenders? In case you are wondering, I was the wizard wearing the blue outfit with the circlet. Sure had a lot of fun selling those things, I can tell you!

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
Glad you liked the seminar! We try to mix the entertaining and informative.

It was by far the funniest and most informative seminar I attended all weekend, and I'm a whore for a good writing seminar.

I did have one question that I didn't quite get an answer to, mostly because I didn't word it properly. Is there an addy I could send an e-mail to to rephrase it? I'm really awful, I didn't even manage to catch the names of all you fabulous folks.

Jengenritz

First Post
monkeydragon said:
I did have one question that I didn't quite get an answer to, mostly because I didn't word it properly. Is there an addy I could send an e-mail to to rephrase it? I'm really awful, I didn't even manage to catch the names of all you fabulous folks.

If the question is about writing in general, you can email me through the ENWorld system or at:
adrianATgoodman-gamesDOTcom

If it's about submissions and publication, however, you'd be better served checking out the Contact Info on THIS link.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
You played in Piratecat's M&M game, and you aren't sure if you liked GenCon more than Origins?

2hand.gif

Yeah, but I live in the US...and only a couple of miles from PC's uncle. I don't have to fly 9 thousand zillion miles to play a game with him. Heck, once in a while he comes to ME. ;)

Remove ads