• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Olan, Hargren, Madlawa and The Three Th's

Grimhelm

First Post
I had a great time yesterday. I hope everyone else did too. It was cool to play with new guys, Dave and Jason. John, I am sorry you didn't make it until late. Perhaps next time we can all get off to a more timley start. Also, I might bring my kids, since Victor and Perry will both be there, that way I won't have to bolt out of the door at the end.

Now, game stuff:

I don't know if you guys went to find the sick ruler/king, but of course that is something we ought to do. As for future plans, I can only think of a few things that seem right to do: Stay and help the people that remain. Travel northward and learn more about these invasions. Gather a force of men to strike back at the invaders.

thormagni

Explorer
Grimhelm said:
I had a great time yesterday. I hope everyone else did too. It was cool to play with new guys, Dave and Jason. John, I am sorry you didn't make it until late. Perhaps next time we can all get off to a more timley start. Also, I might bring my kids, since Victor and Perry will both be there, that way I won't have to bolt out of the door at the end.

I also had a good time. Wish I could have gotten there earlier. On the good side, the world-famous polar bear diorama is now complete.

Fyrestryke

Explorer
I had an awesome time. =)

Game - The King was dead. So, what we do next is entirely up to us.

Game times - It was proposed that we show up around noon, plan on starting around 1pm and play to 7 or so.

BobProbst

First Post
I had a good time too.

I think we should marshal forces to strike at the oppressors. Of course. I'm in Thera's service for another 19 days.

Wasn't there some mention of an armory here?

Grimhelm

First Post
Well, the more that I think about my three proposals, I really think all three are achievable. We could also enlist the aid of some stout men to do recon work for us in the north while we marshal some forces and give aid to the survivors.

chachi

First Post
To that list of three I would add one more. I think that it would be worth our while to find the Enslavers’ next target and warn them of their impending doom. We could save quite a few people by giving them time to get out.

We should clear out the armory and treasury. We should take what we need and give the town the rest. I could help the townspeople by appraising this stuff. They’ll need all the money that they can get for food (the fields were burned), building materials, medical supplies and mercenaries.

Grimhelm

First Post
chachi said:
To that list of three I would add one more. I think that it would be worth our while to find the Enslavers’ next target and warn them of their impending doom. We could save quite a few people by giving them time to get out.

We should clear out the armory and treasury. We should take what we need and give the town the rest. I could help the townspeople by appraising this stuff. They’ll need all the money that they can get for food (the fields were burned), building materials, medical supplies and mercenaries.

I am agreed on all points except, perhaps, the warning of other towns. I am not ethically opposed to it, certainly, but it feels too reactive for my liking. I would prefer to take the fight to the Enslavers and be on the offensive. This is the more difficult choice, but it is the road I would like to eventually take. Also, if we go around warning towns, it may draw unwanted attention, making it that much harder to raise an army.

Of course, this is all up for discussion. This is just my gut reaction.

Fyrestryke

Explorer
A small force moving at a fast pace could easily catch up to and pass the enslavers if we wanted to get ahead of them. If we could warn the next large city of the treachery, then we might have a chance to take out the enslavers.

Grimhelm

First Post
I am not sure how warning towns will be a way to raise armies. These towns no doubt have their own armies and will need them to defend their towns. Something tells me there are other pockets of resistance that exist. Perhaps we should find these first, then go to the aid of the city we intend to warn, thus strengthening their numbers.

I think Thuma's thinking is in line with my own... I am still thinking...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads