• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

old account disappearence

zepherusbane

Explorer
Presumably EN World must have cleaned out accounts that hadn't been used for a while. I used to come to enworld a lot years back, when I tried to log in yesterday I found that my account was no longer here and the system allowed me to create a new account with the name I originally had back in 2004-5.

My question is, were old accounts cleaned out at some point since 2005? Or was there a different enworld at some point?

the Jester

Legend
You may have been lost in the Great Crash, when several months' worth of data was lost. I couldn't swear as to when that way, though; but AFAIK ENWorld has always been ENWorld.

zepherusbane

Explorer
Ok, thanks.

I just remember being on ENWorld a lot back when I was much more active than I have been lately. Lost track after getting hooked in to a really awesome gaming group around 2005.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
My question is, were old accounts cleaned out at some point since 2005?
Not since 2003 or so (not sure about the exact date, but it must have been before April 2004). However, accounts with more than 0 posts wouldn't have been cleaned out in any case.
Or was there a different enworld at some point?
The forums have been using this software since January 2002.
You may have been lost in the Great Crash, when several months' worth of data was lost. I couldn't swear as to when that way, though
Early 2006.

zepherusbane

Explorer
Not since 2003 or so (not sure about the exact date, but it must have been before April 2004). However, accounts with more than 0 posts wouldn't have been cleaned out in any case.The forums have been using this software since January 2002.Early 2006.

Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter too much in any case. I primarily wanted to ensure this was the same EN World I remembered and it seems that it is.

Thanks for helping!

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
This is the alternate reality ENWorld from the Dark Universe!

You can tell because everyone here has evil looking goatee's...;)

zepherusbane

Explorer
This is the alternate reality ENWorld from the Dark Universe!

You can tell because everyone here has evil looking goatee's...;)

Funny you should mention that, he he. I happen to have an evil goatee that looks a lot like Spock's did in that episode.... Maybe that should have told me something!!

James0235

First Post
You may have been lost in the Great Crash, when several months' worth of data was lost. I couldn't swear as to when that way, though; but AFAIK ENWorld has always been ENWorld.

Thank you. That right there probably explains why I remembering registering an account only to find a year or so later that it did not exist.

Remove ads