• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old School Style Artist

Xyanthon

First Post
It's been a little while but here's another glimpse at some art that I worked on for the OSRIC Companion. A Babau demon:

Barbau.jpg

It looks like Papers & Paychecks (Stuart Marshall) is putting the finishing touches on OSRIC Release 1.01 and it should have a fair amount of my art in it. Also check out The Curse of the Witch Head written by James Boney and released by Expeditious Retreat Press (I did all of the interior art for that one). I'm very excited by my first professional work! I'm also working on releasing some clip art through Expedious Retreat Press for those of you that have expressed interest in that.

And please, any feedback and/or constructive criticism is always appreciated so let me know what you think.

donremus

First Post
I see it fine too. Very impressive work, takes me right back. Any of your art would have graced 1st Ed books. I love your style. Keep 'em coming!

Turanil

First Post
Great art as always.

I must however say that I am much disappointed by something: I bought the Osric Monster of Myth book mainly because I believed the great pics on this thread would be found in it. Alas none of it was featured in that book. :(

Tell us in what supplement all of this will be found!!

Xyanthon

First Post
Ah, hehe. Unfortunately I was not involved with monsters of myth but I think it is still a great old school work. I'm not quite sure about all of the details but Stuart Marshall (better known around here as Papers & Paychecks) has said that the print version of the OSRIC Core rulebook will be availiable soon and that should have my art in it (and it will be free as a PDF or at cost as a POD version). Also I'm not sure if they are still going to release the OSRIC Companion as a monolithic book with all monsters and treasures or if they are going to break it up into several supplements.

At any rate, I did do all of the interior art for the the Curse of the Witch Head, an OSRIC module from Expeditious Retreat Press. I also sent some of my work to Joseph Goodman in a query for their Dungeon Crawl Classics line. He said that he liked what he saw and may have some work for me coming up. I'd also like to work with Expeditious Retreat Press again.

I also have my own series of OSRIC modules that I'm writing and doing all of the art for. I'm tossing around the idea of creating my own OSRIC compatible campaign setting that would be set in a dark ages type setting with creatures and beings akin to european folklore. Maybe a bronze age or iron age. Heh, there is so much I WANT to do but as I have work and a family, I only cave so much I can do. Stay tuned and check out my Live Journal in my signature for more info on what I'm doing. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads