• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Old timers?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Since 2003, following the news about 3E, since I had recently started running 2E adventures for my friends via Java-based chat rooms (not recommended).

I, too, fear running afoul of Eric's grandmother.

Akrasia

Procrastinator
I joined August 2004.
I posted pretty regularly for a few years but haven't been that active over the past dozen or so. But I still visit semi-regularly (some years more often than others).

LcKedovan

Explorer
I began to read Eric Noah's 3rd Edition News in 1999, and I quickly joined the forum, so yeah, I have been here for 23 years...
I feel so old now...
Haha, and I just crawled out of the ancient woodwork myself... @Horacio long time no see man! :D

also an originally Eric Noah's boardmember....

Planescape 4 evah! ;)

-Will

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Haha, and I just crawled out of the ancient woodwork myself... @Horacio long time no see man! :D

also an originally Eric Noah's boardmember....

Planescape 4 evah! ;)

-Will
Hi Will!

Really longtime, my friend... 🥹

I was surprised reading this thread and seeing that a bunch of us, old timers from Eric's board, are still here.

It says something about a community when it keeps members for more than 20 years!

Oh, and Planescape forever, of course!

In a way this forum reminds me a bit like Sigil, it's the real life center of D&D multiverse, where people come and go as it remains for ages... 😉

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hi Will!

I was surprised reading this thread and seeing that a bunch of us, old timers from Eric's board, are still here.

It says something about a community when it keeps members for more than 20 years!

Oh, and Planescape forever, of course!

In a way this forum reminds me a bit like Sigil, it's the real life center of D&D multiverse, where people come and go as it remains for ages... 😉

Yeah, life takes us different directions, ups and downs... its a hell of an adventure! ;)

Yeah, noticed a bunch of familiar names in the thread, even if we didn't all directly interact... Good times... and nice to have a place like this.

So great to run into you and this thread.

-W.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Hi Will!

At first I misread that as "old timers from Eric's band" but then realized hey, it's pretty much the same thing. :)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
At first I misread that as "old timers from Eric's band" but then realized hey, it's pretty much the same thing. :)
Indeed! A gang, a band, a closed knitted group of geeks hyped by the new D&D 3.0, the whole d20 explosion with all the new 3pp and the infinite possibilities open to us...

aramis erak

Legend
I took a while to get here. I was posting on rec.games.frp.misc in 1992, then was on the forge (not sure those dates), then rpg.net around 2005, and then enworld in 2008. That was about the time I started playing D&D regularly.
I remember being on usenet in the 1989-1991 era, including rec.games.frp.misc ... It took effort to follow the threads... I don't miss uselessnet all that much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads