• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OMG i Married a vampire !

Tranzquility

First Post
My wife is playing a character that is a vampire....
well its level 21 at the moment. and I got a question about it

she is undead, and she was wondering about how the spell: control undead works on her. Because the spell at 6th level I do believe says that it allows for control 2HD/undead creatures per level and she is a 12hd creature that is level 21 so does that make her a 21x12= 256hd undead creature ?

also I am really confused on how to make monsters stronger if some one can explain this to me better then the MM can it would help out a lot
thanks
-Tranzquility-

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Tranzquility said:
she is undead, and she was wondering about how the spell: control undead works on her. Because the spell at 6th level I do believe says that it allows for control 2HD/undead creatures per level and she is a 12hd creature that is level 21 so does that make her a 21x12= 256hd undead creature ?

Nope.

She counts as a creature of how many Hit Dice she has. If she has 21 class levels, she's 21 HD. If she has 21 class levels and 12 racial hit dice, she has 33 HD. Level adjustment will not count towards Hit Dice.

Brad

ph34r

First Post
The number of HD controlled is based on the level of the cleric casting the spell. If she's a vampire with 21 class levels she's gonna have other stuff to worry about than a single 6th level spell.

As for monsters, do you mean advancing them? You just increase their HD to whatever you want it to be. This is like levels for them so their BAB, Saves, Skills, and Feats will all change based on how many HD they increase and what type of creature they are. Their size may also change depending on the creature you are advancing. You can also add templates or actual class levels to monsters to make them a bit stronger as well.

Remove ads