• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OMNIBUS: I wants it all, yo.

Visigani

Banned
Banned
Is there any Comprehensive document that has all 3.5 D&D information contained within? All the PrCs, all the Spells, all the rules, all the races, all the monsters, including those from dragon magazine?

Ideally I could buy something like that from WOTC and if they ever offered such a resource for a grand or less I'd snap it up like hotcakes (I own virtually all the non-campaign) 3.5 books as is.

A massive tome I could beat someone to death with.

However, wish in one hand and defecate in the other. See which fills up first.

SO... outside of the hasn't been updated in over half a decade Crystal keep... are there any other resources that contain all that I seek?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

kitcik

Adventurer
Is there any Comprehensive document that has all 3.5 D&D information contained within? All the PrCs, all the Spells, all the rules, all the races, all the monsters, including those from dragon magazine?

Ideally I could buy something like that from WOTC and if they ever offered such a resource for a grand or less I'd snap it up like hotcakes (I own virtually all the non-campaign) 3.5 books as is.

SO... outside of the hasn't been updated in over half a decade Crystal keep... are there any other resources that contain all that I seek?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Just to show there are no hard feelings, Google "Chet Erez D20"

xigbar

Explorer

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Considering the cost of each book, it would be more than a grand....And that's a real hefty pdf, at best.

kitcik

Adventurer
If you are an EXCEL jock, pop open HeroForge and tool around.

"Little bits of herbs and spices... it's in there."

Tovec

Explorer
I have could beat someone to death with the PHB. You need to be clearer :p

I'm almost positive a omnibus like that doesn't exist because of copyright. I could be wrong. If I am, link please.

I'm definitely sure a full repository doesn't exist in one consolidated document. One reason is WotC wants things to be modular and a tome of the assorted books would most assuredly not be modular or portable. It would also be a major pain organizing and updating stuff.

Just for kicks and giggles, I count at least 54 3.5 books. IF we figure each one costs $20, then that's $1,080. I'm quite sure there are more, plus various online things. If we say each book has 200 pages then we're looking at over 10,000 pages total. Including Dragon and Dungeon magazines would take up another 2,000 to 3,000 pages of stuff.

For simplicity, let's say it's 15,000 pages. Such a book would probably weigh at least 20 pounds. Such a PDF would be at least a gigabyte, and probably 2 or more. At least data storage isn't hard these days.

I'd love a full compilation of everything, but needless to say it would be quite an undertaking.

Visigani

Banned
Banned
I'm definitely sure a full repository doesn't exist in one consolidated document. One reason is WotC wants things to be modular and a tome of the assorted books would most assuredly not be modular or portable. It would also be a major pain organizing and updating stuff.

Just for kicks and giggles, I count at least 54 3.5 books. IF we figure each one costs $20, then that's $1,080. I'm quite sure there are more, plus various online things. If we say each book has 200 pages then we're looking at over 10,000 pages total. Including Dragon and Dungeon magazines would take up another 2,000 to 3,000 pages of stuff.

For simplicity, let's say it's 15,000 pages. Such a book would probably weigh at least 20 pounds. Such a PDF would be at least a gigabyte, and probably 2 or more. At least data storage isn't hard these days.

I'd love a full compilation of everything, but needless to say it would be quite an undertaking.

Remember, however, that WOTC has a hardon for reselling you stuff you've already purchased. You'll find the Favored Soul in multiple locations, for example. Further, a great deal of the books are simply "Fluff", and not just Story Fluff but actual Fluff. Such as repeatedly telling us that rolling over 35 on a particular check will give us information on a specific person of a specific class and page after page of NPC. And much of it is advice. Although that advice is useful it isn't really necessary to the game itself.

Crothian

First Post
Considering the cost of each book, it would be more than a grand....And that's a real hefty pdf, at best.

Only if you over pay for them. I've seen many of the books for under $10 at used book stores. There is no reason not to go out and buy them.

Remove ads