• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

On a Spider's Advice...

Kelleris

Explorer
EDIT: (Just occurred to me that Ashy might've been asking me a question there.) Skaith can't think of any factions in Dromus who would have the means and motive to do something like this, at least as far as what little information you have indicates. Or, well... The real problem is that there are at least a dozen factions with the means and motive. In any case, without further investigation, there's really no telling.

OOC - I feel like this game is moving too slowly - I've certainly underestimated your dedication to preparedness. :uhoh: Not that I blame you or even am upset about that, but it does seem to have made the game somewhat more lethargic than would be optimal. So, suggestions:

If you feel like moving to the action stage, feel free to pop over to the OOC thread to discuss IC but off-stage the potential goings-on of the campaign. Just ignore those other ruffians. If that suits you (you as a group), then by all means tell me what you do next. I'll try to get things moving faster.

I think I'm spoiled by years of recklessness from my own players! :p ;)

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
OOC: Skaith was asking the other characters a question, actually, but that is good info to know. I think my main problem with this game is that I have no idea what to do. Other than general interest, none of these characters seem to have any genuine reason to even be bothering to wonder about the Orrery and no one else certainly seems to care! Maybe that is just my perception, however. Right now, Skaith is just along for the ride and is happy to be gaining some new knowledge, other than that, he's just as inclined to leave Dromus in search of something else to do as he is to give a flip about the imp on the Orrery....

Uwohali

First Post
OOC: Recklessness?!? Kell, I refuse to be included in that generalization. That's all MadHatter (who has actually suggested we burn down an entire forest), and possibly DWZ. :p

Tyndra watches as her two companions converse back and forth. As she soaks up this information, she realizes this might be a little out of their league. Come on, Tyndra. Where's your sense of adventure? that little voice nagged. Adventure...hmpf, right. More like reckless endangerment Sighing, she interjects when Skaith and Keys pause.

"Well, the way I see it, we have two options. We can either go investigate ourselves, get out of Dromus for a while and go exploring. Or we can try to convince someone to investigate the Orrery and subsequently the rest. Of course, we've already tried that second one, haven't we? I say we stow all this," she gestures at the assortment of books, "somewhere safe, take what we need with us, and get going. I've been feeling a little cramped here anyway. A trek is just the thing I need. Whattya say?"

Ashy

First Post
Skaith, waiting for Keys or Tyndra to reply, accidentally BUMPS his elbow on a door frame, drawing a hiss of pain through his pointed teeth.

Ferrix

Explorer
"A trip with you two?" Keys sighs, reluctantly.

"Fine, let's get going then." She snags the schematics and they disappear back into the small backpack, "these are staying with me."

Remove ads