• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

On-Line Gaming Software for OSX

Kage Tenjin

First Post
I recently moved into a new area, and don't yet have the option to find a new group yet, so I wanted to try and get into running a game on-line. The problem is twofold, will the software run on my Powerbook, and what's the scheme for including players.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of software? I'm looking for something that allows live interaction, some of the people I was hoping to get involved in this hate forum games because of the speed. What kind of features do some of the programs have? Does everyone have to buy the software? If the rules are part of the system, can I change them or adjust them to suit my own houserules/tastes?

Thanks in advance.

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
Kloogewerks runs on Macs and PCs. The DM has to buy his DM copy. You then have to have licenses for the players - the DM can buy these or the players can. The software is not rules specific, it can run any type of game. Playing with chat can be agonizingly slow but playing with a separate voice over IP moves along pretty well.

Remove ads