On second thought, DriveThruRPG isn't as bad as i initially thought...

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Bagpuss said:
Yeah but it doesn't say you can only play the DVD in your house or only on the player you had when you bought it, or that you can't give the DVD to a friend when you don't want it anymore or as a gift, and as you correctly pointed out you can buy multi-region DVD players.
You can view the Adobe DRM files on any computer with an internet connection, you can register as many computers as you like, you can even register a friends computer so he can be 'lend' the files. You can also buy pdfFactory and print to an unDRMed file, this would be the multi-region dvd player you where talking about...

Just like you need to have 'specialized' equipment for watching out of region DVDs, you also need 'specialized' equipment to watch Adobe DRMed files outside of your activated 'region'.

Bagpuss

Legend
Cergorach said:
you can even register a friends computer so he can be 'lend' the files

Yes but he's not likely to be you friend anymore since he'll have to format his harddrive to unregister the computer from user account.

cats_claw

King of the Wild Frontier
Cergorach said:
You can also buy pdfFactory and print to an unDRMed file

Not altogether true. Some of the PDFs print OK, but others do not. I cannot print any Midnight PDFs this way, but the Player's Guides (SSS) work fine., though it converts a 6mb file into a 50mb file and the images do not layer correctly.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
cats_claw said:
Not altogether true. Some of the PDFs print OK, but others do not. I cannot print any Midnight PDFs this way, but the Player's Guides (SSS) work fine., though it converts a 6mb file into a 50mb file and the images do not layer correctly.
I found that out as well late last night, i'll take a look on how to get a bit more efficient around the security...

Remove ads