On the brand VS the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
So much to reply to...

I'm at work right now and posting a 1000 word response on my phone isn't practical, but I'll say this:

I play 4E. You say that to you, 4E isn't D&D. What that tells me is that as far as you're concerned, I'm not playing D&D. Hence, I call it an aggressive statement.

Well then I'll just say that after repeatedly saying that wasn't my intent, if you still feel that way then that's a problem with YOU. Not me. Sorry Bro...

ShinHakkaider said:
Well then I'll just say that after repeatedly saying that wasn't my intent, if you still feel that way then that's a problem with YOU. Not me. Sorry Bro...

Whether you intend it or not, that is what you are saying. The statement takes on further meaning when you state it in a public forum, compared to simply holding the opinion without voicing it.

You can say you don't mean it, and you might even be telling the truth. That doesn't change anything though, and only shows that you are careless and insensitive with language.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mercurious,

I, for one, am fine with agreeing that the identity of 4ed as D&D/not-D&D is "intersubjective".*

Indeed, my continued addition of qualifiers like "to me" to statements like "4Ed isn't D&D" would indicate that this is my position. It is those who take umbrage at the sentence even with qualifiers who seem to think otherwise.

* For the life of me, I cannot see a distinction between subjective truth and your "intersubjective truth." I'm familiar with the term, I just don't agree that it's meaningful.

Last edited:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Whether you intend it or not, that is what you are saying. The statement takes on further meaning when you state it in a public forum, compared to simply holding the opinion without voicing it.

You can say you don't mean it, and you might even be telling the truth. That doesn't change anything though, and only shows that you are careless and insensitive with language.

Great, now we make with the insults...

First I've stated my intent with what I said very clearly. So just because I haven't said exactly what YOU'D like me to say does not mean that I've been careless and insensitive with language. It only means that you are taken offense where none has been intended and are responding accordingly.

If was trying to hurt ANYONE'S feeling's here it would be quite obvious and pretty direct. That is not the case here. Flat out calling me a liar is something that I would doubt that you would do to my face were we standing in a room face to face. But since we're not, feel free to revel in your anonymity.

I think that you're looking to start a fight when it's not even necessary. You've said that my statement offends you. I've said that was not my intent to offend you or to be antagonistic. You call me a liar and accuse me of being careless and insensitive with language.

What's the next step here?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
What's the next step here?

The next step is that you agree to disagree.

I'm closing this thread (not because of you, Shin).

I'm tired of these edition wars. The other moderators are tired of these edition wars. The majority of the members at ENWorld are tired of these edition wars. It has been going on for years and it is time for people to let it go.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads