On the Horizon

Jraynack

Explorer
Hope everyone is enjoying the two playtest packets of the Healer and the Cleric. In the next two weeks we will post the Summoner core class and a number of Feudal Lord feats.

In the next few months we will be releasing for the Feudal Lords Campaign:

Caldor - A complete city guide about the City of Crossraods. Many cthonians pass through these gates seeking adventure and a taste of the exotic. Not only will it contain awesomely executed maps, but a Player's guide, a Gamemaster's guide, and a small booklet featuring some adventure scenerios.

Cthonian Adventures - This is a small guidebook featuring a number of small one to two night adventures set in the Feudal Lords Campaign.

Feudal Lords Starter Guidebook - This will serve as a foothold with which to run the Feudal Lords Setting until the main guidebook is released.

The Lost Heirs - A complete adventure for low-level adventures that can either serve as a stand alone adventure or the first in a mini-campaign. Two heirs of a noble lord are missing. As the characters hunt for them in a plagued village, they soon discover a twenty-year old secret that could open a gateway into heresy.

But, as always, we need your help. Is there anything which you would liked detailed in the city guide? Anything that you might feel is needed to run a city adventure? Or to make your job easier as a Gamemaster or Player?

Let us know here. Until then, I will leave you with a preview cover.
CaldorTh.jpg

Twin Rose

First Post
One thing I did in some of the cities I designed for my world:

Each street within the city has an "Official" name, but some streets have nick names that people in different quarters of the city call it by. (For example, a street with several tanners on it is called Tanner Street, but people in certain quarters of the street laughingly refer to it as "Perfume Street.")

Also, if PCs are asking for directions to a specific place within the city, there were DC tables for NPCs wisdom check (or appropriate skill) that might look like:

-10: Knows it by completely wrong Quarter AND Street
-5: Knows street, or quarter, but not both
0: Knows quarter (or section) that it's at, or what landmark it may be 'near'
5: Knows only one name for the street (which may be different from what the PCs know)
10: Knows all the names of the street
15+: Can give detailed directions.

Jraynack

Explorer
Hey TwinRose,

Thanks for the feedback - I am finalizing the Game Master's Guide for Caldor now and will keep those suggestions in mind. The Player's Guide and the Adventure Book (has two adventures and tons of map tiles) for the Caldor vitual box set is done - so not much longer.

Any more suggestions are welcomed!

Twin Rose

First Post
Jraynack said:
Hey TwinRose,

Thanks for the feedback - I am finalizing the Game Master's Guide for Caldor now and will keep those suggestions in mind. The Player's Guide and the Adventure Book (has two adventures and tons of map tiles) for the Caldor vitual box set is done - so not much longer.

Any more suggestions are welcomed!

I think variations of the same, in terms of setting wide - the people of Caldor refer to it as the Dark Wood, while the people of (Place X) call it Shadowwood. I think it adds a flavor to a campaign.

It's a lot of work for a DM to keep track of, but if some old codger is talking about "Gorks" but in reality he's talking about Kobolds. It makes things interesting if names get mixed up too - the villagers ask the PCs for help dealing with the Ogre, but in fact, it's a Troll - and they didn't bring their oil and fire! Whole regions can have their lore mixed up in that way - but I digress.

So, what else is on the table for "coming soon" ? :)

Jeremehovah

First Post
I just saw it today at RPG Now. Been a while since I have been on the forums, my does time fly.

Those look like they would make a fun adventuring location. One thing that I have wondered about people that use maps like that: do you keep using the same map over and over again for different locations ("why does every tavern that we go to have the same layout anyway?") or do people make it be a single, unique location in the campaign world "The Pig and Whistle Inn in the city of Tristan").

Jraynack

Explorer
They are meant to be generic locations of typical residences (inlcuding the tavern and inn). There is no reason why that any of the places featured couldn't be a unique place - The Wild Eye Tavern, the home of devious sorcerer disguising as a merchant.

At my game table, I made two 20"x30" foam board maps to use for city encounters. There have been many times when a desperate character trying to escape went inside a building. It is now I know what is there and no need to draw a map on the spot.

Now that I have all of the design elements built, I can easily make more to expand on the products such as specific locations. In September's issue of the Poor Gamer's Almanac, I will do just that.

The Levitator

First Post
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I just came across this 2 days ago. I downloaded "Chronicles Of Yrza The Crow", and I REALLY like the flavor of this campaign world! I've been searching all over the web and I can't find any information on a release of an actual Feudal Lords full campaign setting. I would love to learn more about this series but can't seem to find a lot of information on the Alea site. I was also wondering if you had a mailing list to keep people up to date on future releases?

Pinotage

Explorer
Yes, I'd like to know that as well. I'm quite looking forward to seeing this. I liked some of the material already produced (Household Knight, for one), and I was hoping to see it all put together in the campaign setting.

Pinotage

Jraynack

Explorer
The Levitator said:
I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but I just came across this 2 days ago. I downloaded "Chronicles Of Yrza The Crow", and I REALLY like the flavor of this campaign world! I've been searching all over the web and I can't find any information on a release of an actual Feudal Lords full campaign setting. I would love to learn more about this series but can't seem to find a lot of information on the Alea site. I was also wondering if you had a mailing list to keep people up to date on future releases?

Pinotage said:
Yes, I'd like to know that as well. I'm quite looking forward to seeing this. I liked some of the material already produced (Household Knight, for one), and I was hoping to see it all put together in the campaign setting.

No apology necessary, because we haven't officially released a date as of yet. We are shooting for December. But at the latest the product will be released in the first quarter of next year.

I am finishing up the Poor Gamer's Almanac for October as well as the Feudal Lords: City of Caldor (it is the city directly in the center of the Cthonian map). Afterward, our entire time will be spent on the campaign setting directly.

We have several products that will be ready to go as soon as the campaign book is released.

As for more information about the camapign - we have snippets and previews in our Poor Gamer's Almanac that features the Feudal Lords logo on the cover and as you mentioned before - The Yrza Chronicles.

Also, as I am working on the campaign guide - I will post on the forum our progress, new rules, as well as artists and artwork.

We are also in the process of enabling our site to sell our products directly and implementing an improved news script, therefore our site has yet to be updated.

Also, two of our previous forums has links to the playtest version of the Cleric and Healer core class:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=167380

and

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=166605

Thanks for the interest - also we would like to hear about you ideas - what you would like to see, what about other settings you don't like, etc.

Remove ads